Nova ?

King Cobra Nova Pics please!

So who can tell me anything about this little Nova bike that has found its way to my shop. A buddy of mine found this in his father in laws garage and grabbed it for me (along with a 1976 Hodaka 125). But back to the Nova, I saw the it is 1960's US so that is why I have come here, but I don't see a lot about these little bikes. It has a cool vibe to it but I would like to know what is original and what is scabbed together. Thanks!

Jason
PA

Last edited:

capguncowboy

Are you sure that's a nova? It doesn't look anything like the nova frame I had. I can't tell in the pictures, but does the motor plate wrap around the frame (like a Cat)?

The reason I sold my frame was because there is virtually no information available about them. I couldn't even find pictures of a complete bike.

I had seen the add out there for the King Cobra but I cant find anything else on them. Does anyone out there have a picture of one of these? Or any additional information on the Nova King Cobra? Here is the knob on the handle bars, that is the only clue I had it is a Nova.

Thanks!

Nova is running.... Kinda

So I got the nova running tonight. I was surprised that the little 3hp briggs kicked off that quick. I have to figure out the whole pulse jet carb though. I think I understand the concept but I would like it to be a little clearer if someone could help. Does the line that goes into the "intake" side of the carb create a vacuum that pulls the gas into the carb? So will it work without the air filter on because the bike will not run without me pouring gas into the carb. Thoughts? thanks!

Jason

Hi Jason, sounds like the carb needs to be took apart and cleaned. jmo :hammer:
I think your right, this is the first pulse jet carb I have had so I am trying to figure it out. I will pull it apart and see what can be done to make her run. Can you switch out a pulsejet cab and run a gravity fed carb if I put a tank on the bike? Just a thought. Thanks

J

You could run a gravity feed carb also, the Pulsejet carb is a good simple design, not much to disassemble, be sure to replace the diaphram and spring.................Tom.

Are you sure that's a nova? It doesn't look anything like the nova frame I had. I can't tell in the pictures, but does the motor plate wrap around the frame (like a Cat)?

The reason I sold my frame was because there is virtually no information available about them. I couldn't even find pictures of a complete bike.
That one has been bottle jacked and highly but poorly modified, it's a Nova and even has the Azusa Hex Star wheels that came on them but it does look alien with the mods done to it. They ruined what is to me a damn fine minibike, I've only had one and only rode it a week before I sold it.

markus

That one has been bottle jacked and highly but poorly modified, it's a Nova and even has the Azusa Hex Star wheels that came on them but it does look alien with the mods done to it. They ruined what is to me a damn fine minibike, I've only had one and only rode it a week before I sold it.
sure its been modded :shrug:

trail tamer forks and rupp tank, but the rest is still king cobra

I agree something does not look right on the bike in this thread though up near the headtube, but they are small grainy photos so its hard to say.

The long tube draws fuel to the bowl. The short tune feeds the cab from the bowl. The diaphragm gasket is your fuel pump. Make sure the diaphragm cover is flat(not warped). Also, check the feed tubes for a good snug fit in the carb base as well as cracks in the tube. Hope that helps...

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...

sure its been modded :shrug:

trail tamer forks and rupp tank, but the rest is still king cobra

I agree something does not look right on the bike in this thread though up near the headtube, but they are small grainy photos so its hard to say.
Not at this point, no.:doah:

Here are some more pics I looked it over again last night and it doesn't look like it has been mod'd up. The Nova handle bar clamp is true to the front end because of the way it is mounted. I am far from a Nova expert though. Someone had asked it the mounting plate wrapped around and the answer is yes it does. Thanks and I hope the new pictures help!