Now that i know what it is, time to resto mod it

Picked this up a short while ago and posted my first post here:
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/w...no-idea-make-model-pls-help-2.html#post856658

since I have stripped it down, (motor is available if there is any interest, pulls over fine and has spark)

I am having the seat recovered (father in law does that exact thing for a living) going to have it recovered in black, with similar to factory stiching.
Picked the hemi headed 212 cc from HF this weekend and ordered the following parts:

Brake Caliper Cable Go Kart GoCart Mini Bike Minibike | eBay

1960s Yamaha CS1 Bonanza 180 Front Axle w Nut Y338 | eBay

1960s Yamaha CS1 Bonanza 180 Rear Axle w Spacer Nut Y338 | eBay

Mini Bike 2 6" Steel Wheels Tires Spocket 1037s | eBay

Chrome Front Fork Lower Kit - Fits Bonanza

and sent the parts off to be blasted.
Once its back, I plan to weld up a bracket that will allow me to use the caliper on the rear that I purchased above

I think I am going to try and re-use the throttle as it looks to be in good shape. Otherwise I think I've read these are 1" bars?

Powder coat is going on once the welding is done. Not 100% sure on color scheme yet

I am selling off that tank too, sent to be blasted with the frame so it'll be nice for whomever wants it.

I'll post progress pics as I go

markus

can I ask why you choose those axles....I'm hoping you have some custom thing in mind and didnt just by them because the "Bonanza" in the listing

can I ask why you choose those axles....I'm hoping you have some custom thing in mind and didnt just by them because the "Bonanza" in the listing
because I knew they would fit. I didnt realize OldMiniBikes or others sold "bolts" in proper lengths. :shrug: I'd likely have bought something else otherwise.

I know you're new and glad to have you ! Ask questions first as we can give money saving advise for free ! And remember OldMiniBikes , they sell just about everything you could need and they also host this wonderful "FREE" site .

i don't think those yamaha bonanza bolts will fit.
I believe you are correct and have requested to cancel the order didnt really want to pay nearly $50 for axle bolts anyway. Gotta quit ebaying from my phone so I can get a better look at the product before clicking "buy"

Can you recommend the correct ones from OldMiniBikes? dont have the frame handly to measure width needed, iirc its 5/8" diameter