Odes gobi 50 have you heard of it?

Hello I purchased a Honda trail 70 clone from someone and I cannot seem to find any info or parts for the life of me. The brand is called odes the model is called gobi 50. Google doesn’t show anything and I mean anything. It’s like this clone doesn’t exist. It’s like they just made this one bike and the company shut down. does anyone know if it goes by a different name. I know Honda clone parts are generally the same for Dax or other brands I just wanna know is this bike rare or not whats the Dealio. Any info will help thank you.

I did a Google search, including an image search, and also searched on YouTube (sometimes helpful for obscure things), I found nothing. Closest thing I saw was some ODES Industries brand modern UTVs, probably not the same company.

You might inquire on https://www.chinariders.net/
ya I saw the same thing but odes industries doesn’t make this. I went on lilhonda and there was one forum taking about a odes Honda clone and if the original Honda seat will fit the odes and that post was 9 years ago. It’s so weird it even has a stamp on the steering column with brand,model,displacement,and shows it was manufactured in 2003 and the engine has a SN. I cannot be the only one who owns this brand. PS the guy I bought it from told me good luck on finding parts.

bruces

What parts do you need anyway ? It certainly looks like your generally out of luck finding original from the Odes parts for the bike ,so let’s see what we can help you with .Chineese bikes are generally parts bin bikes ,they are assembled with what was easily sourced and the same exact part might be part of 100 different makes and models of bike .I doubt there is much that Odes actually made themselves

What parts do you need anyway ? It certainly looks like your generally out of luck finding original from the Odes parts for the bike ,so let’s see what we can help you with .Chineese bikes are generally parts bin bikes ,they are assembled with what was easily sourced and the same exact part might be part of 100 different makes and models of bike .I doubt there is much that Odes actually made themselves
I’ve ordered some parts already I matched them with the ones on the bike. Some from eBay some from aliexpress. The issue I’m having is i noticed the when the engine is running there is only 6v going to the battery and I believe it’s a 12v battery so idk if it’s the coil or if there is a fuse. I feel like when the engine is running is should output 12-14v to the battery to charge it also the electric start won’t work idk if the 2 issues are related or separate I’m going to try putting 12v directly to the starter today and see if that the issue or if I have a wiring issue. I guess my question is is it normal for the coil to only output 6v or should it be at 12?

bruces

I haven’t seen any chineese ct70 clones that were not 12volt ,so you probably do have an issue with the voltage regulator .Also ,is that at idle ? It’s possible the stator is weak at idle and needs to rev a bit to actually get it charging ,the original Honda’s were like that .

I haven’t seen any chineese ct70 clones that were not 12volt ,so you probably do have an issue with the voltage regulator .Also ,is that at idle ? It’s possible the stator is weak at idle and needs to rev a bit to actually get it charging ,the original Honda’s were like that .
my atv has the same issue only 6v goes to the battery. So even at high rpm it’s shows 6v. So does the regulator upstep it from 6v to 12v?

bruces

Nope ,it goes the opposite way ,at full rpm your bikes stator might be able to produce 20 volts (just a number I pulled out of the air )so the regulator drops that voltage to 14.5 or so for a 12 volt bike ,an early original z50,ct70 etc were 6 volt bikes ,and the rectifier in them worked with the battery and the headlights to drop the voltage down to 7 or so volts ,they didn’t have a solid state regulator but all those components basically became a voltage regulator .Thats why those bikes if you run them without a battery in the circuit,they quickly blow the headlight and other bulbs .

bruces

Your bike and atv could possibly be 6 volt ,I have never seen a 6 volt z50 or ct70 clone before ,but yours is early and I have never seen one of your model before either

Your bike and atv could possibly be 6 volt ,I have never seen a 6 volt z50 or ct70 clone before ,but yours is early and I have never seen one of your model before either
I looked closely at the battery and it shows a 12v stamp. So I’m able to confirm the bike runs on a 12v system. As for the electric start I did some testing found out the starter relay was bad I tested the starter itself and works just fine so I ordered a new starter relay I also ordered a new rectifier (cheap and easy installation) just to see if that will fix my 12v issue. I’m trying to avoid taking the engine apart to change the stator. Hope it fixes my issue thanks for your help

bruces

It could be possible someone put a 12 volt battery in a 6 volt bike ,your bike is old enough it’s been through a few batteries and possibly a few owners too ! .Swapping the stator in your bike is a very easy job ,nothing to be afraid of but get a flywheel puller for the job .

It could be possible someone put a 12 volt battery in a 6 volt bike ,your bike is old enough it’s been through a few batteries and possibly a few owners too ! .Swapping the stator in your bike is a very easy job ,nothing to be afraid of but get a flywheel puller for the job .
Okay I finally found where the rectifier was difficult find btw I tested the output pins coming from the stator with a ac voltmeter shows 20v on idle and up to 50v on high rpm so I guess my stator is good just a bad rectifier.

quick question does the engine use the same oil for engine and transmission or are they 2 separate oils?

Same oil ,don’t use car oil ,it needs to be wet clutch compatible ,the Walmart Castrol bike oil is just fine and cheap
Thanks I wanted to chance out the oil because it feels really hard to upshift Idk if this is normal behavior on clones or if old oil had something to do with it I put in new oil but got too late to ride I’ll try riding tomorrow to see if I notice a difference. Also when downshift on first and second the bike likes to jerk even pop a quick wheelie. and this model doesn’t have a clutch throttle it’s just by foot.

You have a semi auto clutch ,look up z50 or ct70 repair manual and try adjusting it ,nothing to it .
I adjusted the clutch screws it looks like it improved it. I have another question I would looking to get more speed by changing the final gear ratio my front sprocket is a 14T and rear wheel sprocket is 42T what do I have to do to get more speed I know gaining speed reduces torque I’m just trying to get 5mph more speed. My focus is changing the front 14T sprocket do I need to get one with more or less teeth to gain speed?