Official Baja recall kit is here

joekd

Got my official recall kit in from Baja Motorsports today for my Heat 6.5

The kit is a new chrome gas cap, a clamp, a piece of hose and full color instructions (yes, there is even a page on changing the gas cap)

Reading quickly it seems the clamp is for the throttle cable (to hold it out of the way) the fuel line and gas cap or obviously direct replacements

Didn't think I would like the flat cap but it looks pretty good on the black tank

Last edited:

joekd

Reading through the instructions and I notice they say to remove the fuel filter that is under the gas cap and dispose of it, wonder why they did that? Do they no longer think fuel needs a filter?

Reading through the instructions and I notice they say to remove the fuel filter that is under the gas cap and dispose of it, wonder why they did that? Do they no longer think fuel needs a filter?
It's more of a pre-filter and most modern gas cans have screens, that and they were using them as splash screens to minimize leaking while under way! The new cap is tighter also and wont seal good with the screen...........

joekd

Just curious, I pulled that plastic crap filter and threw it out after the first time it fell into the tank anyway

SN's correct, replacement cap will not fit with the filter, so you have to discard it. I asked the same question a month ago when discussing the issue with Baja.

Man those really are some nice caps! I have clones on mine but all it takes is a vin to get the cap so I'll use them on the stock DB tanks I use on some of my minibikes. Like my Trailhorse that's a roller again but here's the DB tank on it! With a sweet chrome cap and some powder coat it'll make a fine tank!:thumbsup:

So how do you apply for the warranty? I have a DB30 and an MB165...

Thanks
Contact Baja motorsports and give them the VIN#s off your machines and they'll send you the proper "repair Kit" consisting of a cap for the DBs and a cap, clamp and fuel hoes for the units with the 5.5 & 6.5 engines. It's a great deal and the caps will fit your clone tanks as well, so even if you've done the 6.5 swap on your DB get your cap!:thumbsup: