Oh great.... Nicky's here....

What's up fellas? One of my buddies has been lettin' us tear around on his old mini bike and I decided I should get in on the action. Keeping my eyes open for a cool old frame, bought an old Briggs Golden Boy engine at a yard sale, and impatiently awaiting that first ride.

so "golden boy" is actually a category for the briggs motors? i have one with a sticker that says that and i always thought someone just slapped it on there.

so "golden boy" is actually a category for the briggs motors? i have one with a sticker that says that and i always thought someone just slapped it on there.
No crap? :confused: I have heard them called that before, but never saw a sticker... Heres a REALLY Nice one I own.. but of the 400 I've seen, never saw a sticker.. I'd love to see that.. :drool:

Welcome Nicky! Where is Avondale? Sounds like California?
Not far from Cali, and most of my neighbors are from there, but I'm here just west of Phoenix, AZ.

You know any of the Gingg family there in Avondale??
No, I sure don't. I'm an eastsider and moved out to the westside only about a year ago.

Golden Boy was a 'Brand Name' of lawn equiptment.
We have a Avondale here in PA also.
A few minutes spent google-ing showed that "Golden Boy" Briggs were a brand of garden edgers and other lawn-type equipment. I'll post a picture of mine tomorrow when its daylight and I'm sipping a cold one enjoying my day off.