Oily air filter.

cxbra

What is the official purpose of that tube that is re-routed into the filter? Is it a crankcase overflow thing? Any ways it goes, I unhooked the tube and have it aiming down @ the ground, instead of back into the intake. Why? I noticed that I think thats the cause of my drippy air filter. Even if does spit out oil from the tube, I figure it wont be enough to accumulate on the tire. If this does turn out to be what I think it is i'll probably just put a balloon at the end of it or something to catch the oil.

it reroutes gases into the intake. it would probably be a good idea to stick a small filter of some kind on it if you're going to leave it unhooked.

You did not say if that was a briggs but the briggs abd probably tech have a pcv valve plate iside that cover if it is installed properly and working it may be excess crankcase pressure from worn rings

cxbra

You did not say if that was a briggs but the briggs abd probably tech have a pcv valve plate iside that cover if it is installed properly and working it may be excess crankcase pressure from worn rings
I wouldnt be the least bit suprised if my rings were worn! Im actually trying to kill this engine off so I have a reason to upgrade. Anyways, im still running that tube disconnected. I have noticed though that the bike is louder now, like a more raw sound. I want to tell myself that it made my bike more responsive, but I also just cleaned the air filter...

So when people swap in the clone motors and upgrade to the open air filters, what happens to that gas-recurculating tube?

cxbra

Cool, thanks. Strigoli, that is a beautiful clone. Another question completely off topic though, but can you give me a quick run-down of your mods you have to that engine? How the hell do you have tread left on your STOCK(??) tires? Mine is almost a complete slick minus the tread blocks in the middle, the sides are bald though after 2 months of riding w/ the stock 2.5. Hey, I like corners!

removed gov and low oil sensor
ARC billet rod
flat top piston
265 modified cam
18cc head
1.2 rockers w/ Honda guide plate
18lb valve springs
8° flywheel key
cheap 22mm Mikuni
AGK adapter
AGK single stage header
RLV silencer
bolt/stud kit
Mikuni fuel pump
valve cover w/ pulse fitting

i should be sticking my ARC billet flywheel and Noram Cheetah clutch on it in the next few days as well.

as for the tire i have no idea why it's lasted so long. it's getting pretty worn now and you can see where it's hitting the ground between the lugs. almost all my riding is on the street and i keep the tires around 30psi.