Ol black n' blue. A Doodle rebuild.

Well It started life as a DB30 roller with a dead 2.8. Pulled that, and threw a running 5hp Briggs in for a proof of concept.

But motor was dirty, chipped paint and just plain looked crap. So one particularly slow weekend, it got pulled stripped and the cleaning began! 1/4 can of paint stripper, a can of oven cleaner, and a lot of Fantastic later I arrived at this.

And finished this this evening.

Frame is next. After... I figure how I wanna do a swing arm.

Last edited:
Ok, been making my own stencils for paint and I finished them up this morning. Seeing how it's raining and cant use them ATM :hammer:, I'll put em up here for pre-use thoughts. Lemmie know if any thing needs to be tweaked !

Will make the black outline-

With lettering-

Looks great, love the colors. Is that Ford blue? I am doing a similar project, putting a 5horse Briggs in a DB30 roller. Good luck with it. :thumbsup:

Looks great, love the colors. Is that Ford blue? I am doing a similar project, putting a 5horse Briggs in a DB30 roller. Good luck with it. :thumbsup:
Good eye, that it is! Ford Engine Blue engine enamel. Old as :censure:. And the black is new, so I'm interested in how it will hold up....

Updraft ah la Creia. Cleaned and ,hopefully, ready to go!

Tomorrow I'm getting piston rings and maybe a compressor. Paint the logo because it should be dry. Busy day....:laugh:

Last edited: