Old Car Show

On Sunday my wife and I went to the Forest Grove Concours d'Elegance at Pacific University in Forest Grove, Ore. This was the 44th annual show. It's a benefit for the local Rotary Club. Although Pacific U. is less than ten miles from my home, I haven't been to this show in about fifteen years. There were lots of great cars, from horseless carriages to relatively modern race cars, and everything in between. The theme the year was German cars. There were all sorts of Porsche, VW, Mercedes and BMW street and racing cars.

Some of the race cars took me back. I saw the #57 and #30 cars in action back in the days of Trans-AM and IMSA GT when I was a corner flagger. I might have seen the #3 car on track, too, in IMSA GTP, but that was about the time I moved on to motorcycle racing.

Here are a few photos. I'll put up more later.

Nice pictures Tom. I work on vintage cars all week long in my shop. When I do get time off I tend to do non automotive activities. But after seeing your pictures I think it might be time to go to some local shows and mingle with the car folks again.

Thanks again for sharing the pictures.

The concourses and euro car shows are always a treat. I always see cars iv never seen before and maybe never knew existed. I enjoy them much more than the usual car shows packed with american iron.

It's funny how life and work can deprive you from seeing all the great events that happen around you. I lives in Portland for 30+ years and worked all over the city and never took the time to see event's like this. Did tons of work on the Pacific University campus and did not know they had a show like this. Thanks to Tom we get to see much more of some great events.
I liked the Hudson Hornet and the Chrysler cross ram engine car and of course the Barracuda and it just had to be Blue my favorite color.

It's funny how life and work...
Thanks, Steve. I'm glad you enjoy seeing them. I drive right by the college a few times each week, but I don't give this show a lot of thought. I suppose I've missed seeing some neat stuff over the years. There is just so much fun stuff to see and do around here each weekend that you've got to pick and choose. This coming weekend we're probably going to the national motocross races across the river in Washougal, and in two more weekends they'll have the big steam-up show at Antique Powerland down in Brooks. In between those, I'm going to go to Charlotte, NC, for another motorcycle race. I've scouted out a couple of museums to see when I'm in Charlotte.

Here are a few more pictures from last weekend. Have you ever seen a right-hand drive VW?

Have you ever seen a right-hand drive VW?
Owned one. My cousin got it while in the military and had it shipped back over here (back when it was somewhat feasible). By the time I ended up with it it was held together with duct tape and bailing wire. I drove it all over the cow pasture (back before I even had a license) until it finally did break in two.