Old trail mini bikes-Do you have one?

This is my Sherpa, it was made in Salt Lake City Utah. It has a 8HP Briggs and a two speed tranny. Moves along real good in high gear and in low it will climb a wall. This is an old pic but you get the idea:thumbsup:

That's really cool. The gearbox must reverse rotation to allow the engine to be turned around? Love the big gas tank too. Last time I rode my trail bike I burned through the one gallon tank and had to borrow fuel from my friends quad to get back to the truck!

Thank you for the post guys. Some very interesting trail scooters.
As the weather starts to stay above freezing, I will post some more trips in my mountains.
Keep the photos coming! They are what "started-it-all" when it comes to off road fun.

That's really cool. The gearbox must reverse rotation to allow the engine to be turned around? Love the big gas tank too.
Yup:thumbsup:, good eye, that's exactly how it works. most people don't notice the motor is in backwards.
I thought the gas tank was home made, I've seen better welding in high school shop class:laugh:, but I have seen at least one more and it looked just like it...

Motra

That is one crazy bike James. I save pictures and info on every trail bike I see and that one totally stumps me. That tractor tire on back is cool but that big front tire is pretty wild too. Powell? Baldwin?

james c

That is one crazy bike James. I save pictures and info on every trail bike I see and that one totally stumps me. That tractor tire on back is cool but that big front tire is pretty wild too. Powell? Baldwin?
well, the seat that was on it was a baldwin trail cycle seat, or at least had all there features.

single jack twister

I traveled farther and paid more than any of my other bikes, but I had to have it. Like the hotshot it has 12" wheels and a single jack shaft, also made by bearkat. Not the original engine or drive clutch but its in pretty good shape. Previous owner bought it in the 80's from a shop that was a dealer, possibly Tod Sales. I believe this to be a bike built to compete in trail races, however under the black is a seafoam green, like the forest service color. I'll have better pics later.

I should add that the previous owner wasn't the original owner, he bought it from a shop that used to be a twister dealer. They told him it was a 1970 model, which seems right. It will get a big briggs and a Salsbury, unless anyone has a rockwell jlo single for sale....

Motra

Very cool bike, Tim! That'll be a rip snortin' machine. The JLO would be cool but a Briggs will work great too. Richard Trotter knows how to set up those 8HP Briggs engines.

I dont know if this qualifies or not but it will climb any hill and sound good doing it. Very cushy ride.

I had a Tote Gote that I traded for the Terra Cat and I think I got the better bike.

Tim... nice score. Im pretty sure that someone connected with the Twisters built this bike. If you go with a briggs , I would recommend using a mikuni on it, makes a world of difference.

im looking for info on my trail cycle. I haven't been having much luck. I haven't restored it but I am going to start soon. it has a briggs engine with a glass bowl and two tanks. front and back. paint is Valium blue. I need to get this done before next years hunting season. :O)

OMG! that's awesome! How is that swing arm working out? I have thought f a thing similar to this but have never seen one - the swing arm on this seems a little weak and odd but if it's working out, COOL! this Bike is wicked man.