One of the best things Ford ever built

I saw that one on Discovery Channel.Awsome car,massive performance,but the engine was only good for 10hrs before needing a complete rebuild.(If you ran it to it's peak performance)
Isn't that why they're called Fords?????? I'd rather have the old truck in the back ground of the first pic.

Shoe That's awsome ! What is that like a 59-60 Fairlane ? That's a sweet ride ! Yes the A** end all jacked up is a little out of fashion But who cares ! That was the look !
You can leave it ! Slam it ! Or Raise it ! Gasser style ! But above all KEEP IT ! That's a unusual body style, just the type of car I look for at a show !
It is a 1963 last year for fins ,, the 64 was more popular with its Thunderbolt ,, The rear is not as high as it seems ,, I sold it last summer after owning it for 8 years ,, I did all the rsto work ,, it was a fun car to own and drive

Small pic of my 84 ranger I built a few years ago ,, 79 302 with two carter 750s , 10.5 -1 pistons with 63 289 heads cut .060 ,Chevy valves , ported , hooker headers , 373 rear end gears ,, C6 tranny ,3500 stall , Real nice truck to say the least

Last edited:
Small pic of my 84 ranger I built a few years ago ,, 79 302 with two carter 750s , 10.5 -1 pistons with 63 289 heads cut .060 ,Chevy valves , ported , hooker headers , 373 rear end gears ,, C6 tranny ,3500 stall , Real nice truck to say the least
what kinda power was that thing making?

guys what about a 2000 powerstrok excursion? to me that is truly the best ford ever. 17-21 mpg can tow almost any thing. 4x4 45 gallon tank will go for ever.

I should have titled the thread "One of the longest lasting things Ford ever built" Can you run any of these hard for 62 years with one minor rebuild and one major overhaul?

A couple years ago I had the chance to take this GT out for a few hours. Drove it in a parade with no overheating at all and went almost 70 around a cloverleaf. what an amazing car...