One of the best things Ford ever built

Maybe when it's time to rebuild, you can toss that junk Cleveland in the scrape heap & buy a Windsor for it. Well if you wanna make some real power that is :thumbsup:

Maybe when it's time to rebuild, you can toss that junk Cleveland in the scrape heap & buy a Windsor for it. Well if you wanna make some real power that is :thumbsup:
Thanks for the advice, gonna stay in Cleveland town. Don't think it is ready for the heap. As far as Cleveland power, pound for pound it holds its own very nicely. In the early days of Pro Stock nuthin could hold a candle to some of Bob Glidden, Jack Roush and Dyno Don's high winding Clevelands, no windsors there

ford

Thew was a old ford tractor at one of my jobs that was beat on but always ran, one day the trans wouldnt shift anymore, and the hydro line leaked so bad you had to fill it twice a day, I was the only one who they would use it because all the other people in the yard were Pu$$ys, you know the type that need power steering and auto trans or they cant drive it. Anyhow one day it was so broke I had to park it so the mechanic could repair it and the other loaders were either broke or sum lazy person was driving it in circles to get out of work and someone needed loaded badly, they called me to do it cuz im the only one who could operate the machines that were in bad shape. And then someone in the yard angrilly hopped on it got it in the pile got a scoop and ban it stalled and wouldnt shift and the bucket was stuck in the air, The some guy from the office whos job was to push pens on paper came out and said to load the guys truck with a shovel. so i grabbed a small spade and preceded to load his pickup with the dirt he ordered as the office guy grabbed a gigantic snow shovel and said i was a pu$$y and he could load faster with the larger shovel, He got one heaping scoop loaded with his snow shovel and on the 2nd scoop he threw out his back as I told him whats taking so long im loading more with my tiny little shovel, knowing that you can shovel a scoop 10 scoops from a smaller shovel in the time it takes to shovel 1 snow shovel full of dirt. Man if that tractor hadnt broke I wouldnt be able to greet him daily and ask how the back is doing, He never doubted me after that when i told him a machine was broke because i wont stop using it till its run into the ground, btw the old ford was the oldest tractor in the yard.

Our 74' F-250 Camper Special

Since we're playing Ford Show and Tell.. 1974 F-250 XLT Camper Special: Headers, Dual Glasspacks, Holley 4 Barrel, Hurst on an otherwise stock 390 V8. We love all American Muscle. :thumbsup:

delray

huckersteve,1974 must of been close to the last years ford use 390 fe block. i new they still had fe 360's but didn't think 390's where around? nice truck.....:thumbsup:
ok back to the original question,best thing ford built. 9inch rearend:thumbsup: it took chevy until 1965 before they built a strong rearend (12bolt) and ford had the 9inch built in the late 50's already.
how about the worst thing ford built, autolite ignition box. i can remember my ford buddys always replace it:hammer::doah: never had to touch a chevy hei.

Thanks Delray! It's my first truck though I've wanted one for years. We are trying to learn more about fords, I bet there's a forum just like this one somewhere for Ford trucks, I should find it.. Regardless of everything that came after it in this thread, that first tractor was DOPE. Love that thing.

:thumbsup: