online minibike museum (another dumb idea of mine)

OK so I was wondering if there is or if it could be done.
Set up an online pay-to-see minibike museum where there is 360 degree walk around pictures of MB's along with narrated detailed history with specs and maybe a 10 minute minibike sim at the end.

Hats, shirts and handlebar shaped ink pens with minibike shaped pads of paper and various 1/8 scale minibike models sold at the gift shop on the way out. :lol:

You might have something there! My idea was a full sevice minibike shop with a collection/museum in the building to show customers what they could have if only they would spend the money! A dream of mine, of course I would have to hire some of the members here who have forgotten more than I know about minibikes! Service techs and restorers as well! Our own line of affordable minibikes we make in-house! Anyone interested who has a spare million laying around just PM me and we'll start the first of next week! On a serious note the online deal is not an unobtainable goal and is truly a good concept! good luck!

oldsledz

It sounds neat I wonder what it would cost to keep the site up?

I don't know if many people would pay there are a lot of photos you can see online free, but none like you are talking about.

glenn baine

i like that ideal why not have section like that hear for free ,,,,not trying to cut you out of any money ,,,but the hobby is getting moor expensive all the time .maybe a member could take a 360% video on a blue setting and some one with talent could add consistent background

No worries here as I am very far away from even beginning such an undertaking.

I was thinking like a $1 or $2 to go through it at the most if it were done well enough, it could take as long as someone wanted to go through it.

It would have to offer something that isnt readily found on the net.
(maybe online 8 person minibike sim racing-nahh no one would want to play that :lol:)

markus

I have been thinking about putting some of my bikes in a classic car museum here near me. Last time I went through there there was a collection of early mini's there (like cushman and mustangs I believe). My Friend put his Maserati in there on "loan" for like year, its was free climate controlled storage, not to mention possible buyers looking at it. :smile: If I could ever get to working on my little German camper I'd like to get that put in there too!

There is a place just down the street that just opened up as well called classic car and boat museum thats kinda like a museum/consignment deal. I have not been inside yet, they have had a few car shows out front and have been spending some cheese on signage etc.. but they are not in an ideal spot so I cant see it making it and would hate to have something in there if it went belly up:doah: The other place is right near Sarasota airport across from Ringling museum of art and has been open since like the 50's so i'm not to worried about it closing its doors.

Online is cool, but I can't see spending money to go through it, Not to mention how hard it would be to get good uniform photos/video of bikes unless you have them right in front of you.

Online is cool, but I can't see spending money to go through it, Not to mention how hard it would be to get good uniform photos/video of bikes unless you have them right in front of you.
I might spend a buck or two at most but it had better have some good reviews or teasers to get me in.:lol:

I agree it would be a huge undertaking and would have to offer something to make it very worthwhile.
One thing about it being online is anyone in the world could see it easily but you are very correct in that the pictures would have to be a full 360 degrees around and that is where it gets very difficult in getting a good, correct example of a given MB.