opinions on build plan

Iv got this chopper i never really ride because its better suited to the pavement than offroad and thats what i have. I have a cat hustler rolling frame that has no engine. I dont like the design of the cat it doesnt work very well offroad. So im thinking ill take the engine off the chopper and save it since its the first bike i built and i like it. And use the engine for my progect. Im thinking ill either cut up the cat or build one from scratch. It wouldnt be much harder to build one from scratch because of all the things i would change. If i were to sell the cat as is how much is it worth. Seems pretty rare. the last pics are what i want to acomplish. what do you think :smile:

I would find a big balloon tire minibike. Get something with a torque converter. You could build one, but you can buy one for less money and enjoy it sooner. :thumbsup:

Tim

i have a super bronk frame but the wheels are on my jeep gocart i built. When i find replacement wheels for that ill be puting it back together. But i also have a tourque converter that i was going to use on this progect. I dont really like the super bronk its too big. Buy one for less money :eek:ut: You obviously dont know how i operate have you seen my other progects? :grind: hehe Im thinking ill use the wheels from this. the fron is currently in use on my trike but i can find somthing else for that

Motra

Why don't you use that little Honda bike and build onto it. That way you'd get the front and rear suspension and correct frame geometry but you could use your engine and torque converter.

I have a buddy that could use that Cat frame since he has forks but no frame.

You could then shorten up that chopper fame you have and use the Cat forks on it, and have a more ridable chopper.

Why don't you use that little Honda bike and build onto it. That way you'd get the front and rear suspension and correct frame geometry but you could use your engine and torque converter.
i did that in a previous expeariment but it was kinda cob jobby. Then i built my trike and used the front end and wheel so thats already used and the rear end is gone. So basicly all i have is the back wheel. Upon further inspection it can be used for a front wheel easily and ill keep my current back wheel. So im thinking ill either use that or the old front wheel and put a new tire on it which is probrobly what i will do.
I decided to tear the cat down today and take a break from my jeep. Good lord were those forks rusted solid! I had a hell of a time getting everything apart. But i decided im going to use the cat frame and probrobly its wheels. I will shorten up the forks and bring in the rake a little. And i think im going to have to move the engine mount forward to allow for the torque converter and ill probrobly make a scrub brake since theres no room for anything else.
I dont like the idea of messing up a 1960's frame but in all reality thats all it is. I figure if i were to sell it someone else wouldnt be restoring it to original anyway since no parts are present. So i guess thats the plan for now :hack:

I have a buddy that could use that Cat frame since he has forks but no frame.

You could then shorten up that chopper fame you have and use the Cat forks on it, and have a more ridable chopper.
good plan but i dont think i could cut up that bike it works so well as is just not what i want it for

Last edited: