Opinions on gas tank?

Got this tank recently and although it's a little too large for my mini bikes (6X12'), I'm thinking it would work on my trike? It's got mounting blocks and a plate attached already. I think it was from an old generator. My real question is has anyone mounted a remote tank on their trike, either with or without a fuel pump and where?
I know some came that way factory. IMG_0172.PNG IMG_0174.PNG IMG_0173.PNG

wjustice

Got this tank recently and although it's a little too large for my mini bikes (6X12'), I'm thinking it would work on my trike? It's got mounting blocks and a plate attached already. I think it was from an old generator. My real question is has anyone mounted a remote tank on their trike, either with or without a fuel pump and where?
I know some came that way factory. View attachment 100753 View attachment 100754 View attachment 100755
It depends on the engine you are using. The larger engined trikes came with remote tanks and pumps. I think all the 2 strokes did.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

When we were racing back in 1974 the biggest event was the Barstow to Vegas . I had a big 10 gallon fuel tank made for my race trike that tank was all aluminum and mounted with through the tank rubber blocks. Other trikes in the race one used a stainless steel beer tank that was used on trains I am not sure how many gallons it was but it worked well for Jack Harkey. I bought this trike and my RTS SL from him in 2002 but no sign of that tank.

The tank above was made up for my VW trike it was to be mounted out of sight and used brass elbows and rubber hoses to refuel it was 10 gallon. But that project was sadly scrapped. But I still have that tank.

Last edited:
Manny's trikes look cool.
Yes they do, in fact they all do, lol. Im digging the trikes lately. thanks for the ideas and pics guys. It'll hold a couple quarts more than a stock predator tank so ill give it a go on something.
That exhaust guard on manchester1's trike is a good idea too.

Last edited: