owosso Explorer 8hp tecumseh

I just purchased an Owosso Explorer with a 8hp Tecumseh and the belt is broken. It is a comet 202675A. Does anybody know if this is the right belt and if so where to get one?? or maybe a different part#??

Thx

Hello ooklamock : Welcome to the OldMiniBikes first off to you and your trike. I looked up your belt number in my 1998-1999 Comet parts book. what you have is a 5/8 inch top width asymmetric cat99 belt. and has a comet #993-110 and the book gives two different center to center specifications depending on the diameter of the driven half of the system.
This belt if used with a 6 inch O.D. driven is 103/4 to 10-13/16 shaft to shaft spread.
If the driven half is 7 inch in O.D. then the distance is less at 9-13/16 to 9-7/8 inch
The belt measures 35.14 in circumference.
Worst part is the belts are obsolite and of course Comet as it was also out of business but another company is restarting production using the old tooling.
You might try contacting Go Kart Parts | Go Kart Supply Online Catalog and see if they have any NOS belts.
Steve :scooter:

owosso explorer 8hp

Thanks for the help. Certfied Parts in Janesville wisconsin. 800-356-0777 has all sorts of comet belts. i have one on order and will keep you posted. Thanks again for the help.
Kent