Parts needed for MTD

MEZ

I need just a few more parts to finish my first mini. Looking for some nice wheels (not new) that I can paint with little to no rust. New shocks. Also need a seat for this thing and have had no luck at all finding one; Approx 15" long starts out at 6" wide and goes to 8".

If anyone has a good torque converter they want to sell, I'm looking for one.

Any links where i could find a seat or wheels will work too. Thanks for the help in advance!!

-Will

MEZ

Nope none yet... but still searching. Found a few leads but they were pretty pricy and I dont want to have to buy new ones because I want to paint them. But I guess i might have to :sadcrying4:.

O by the way Kid, the forks look good man! Thanks!

HAHA!! You can leave feed-back back and forth with that I Trader thing there.. that's what that is.. I just fingered that out too.. lol HEY I'll leave ya one..

MEZ

richs, i was actually the guy on ebay askin you about them haha. u wanna part with just the rim? i already have a sproket.

metal, i think they are like 12" center to center... maybe? i though i measured 11.5" but i havent been able to find any with that measurement. the bike came with shocks but they are seized up and would like some good working ones... possibly new ones.

also, do yall know if i could paint the springs on the shocks? could i take them apart and put them back together without them totally exploding into a thousand pieces haha

MEZ

ok cool, thanks wayne

also, wayne i know you have a mtd like mine. do you know how far the holes are apart on the shocks?

richs, i was actually the guy on ebay askin you about them haha. u wanna part with just the rim? i already have a sproket.

metal, i think they are like 12" center to center... maybe? i though i measured 11.5" but i havent been able to find any with that measurement. the bike came with shocks but they are seized up and would like some good working ones... possibly new ones.

also, do yall know if i could paint the springs on the shocks? could i take them apart and put them back together without them totally exploding into a thousand pieces haha
ill have to look to see what size the set i have on a parts bike are . do you have a pic of the shocks you may be able to strip them down , i know some were just a spring in a tube .

MEZ

I dont think its that kind, and sorry i dont have any better pics of the shocks.

I believe its the kind where you have the coil over a the piston, like a gas shock i guess.

i cant tell but the kinda look like the ones that were on my arctic cat . they were just a tube and a spring. they came apart under the spring seat on the body of the tube . i would look at the body of the shock and see how its put together .

MEZ

they came like that from the guy. someone before had bent them straight... dunno why though. i bought some forks from the restore kid on here not too long ago... the right ones i might add lol