Pat's Step Thru

Here is the dealio, I purchased a tube bender and wanted to try it out. I have a few parts laying around in the garage and I think I can put one together without a huge investment. Well I don't mind the time investment anyhow.

I was inspired by roccosbike step thru build so rocco, if you see some similarities here you know where they came from. Lol.

This might not be the fastest build, but I will update as I go.

Last edited:
Started this Saturday with some tube I found layong around at work. I have been reading up on how tu use the tube benders and am fairly confident I can do this. And if I get stumped, I know all you awesone peeps around here are always willing to give some good advice.

Thanks guys for the comments.

I am using 7/8" o.d. I know that 1" would be stronger, but I have a 7/8" die. I figured I can make extra support if need be.

rmm727

Nice job so far. I admired that build as well. What version is your bender? Model 3 or 32. I have the 32 but have yet to bolt it down and use it. Uncle Tank will be mad at me.

Lol. This is the model 3. I figured the only reason that I bought it was to just mess around in the garage so I saved a few bucks.

Is this too old school, I read the "old guys" used to put sand in the tubing to stop any crimping.......wives' tale? helpful tip? Total baloney?

I'm at work right now. I'm going to have Timmy in the shop cut the 2x1 rectangle tubes for the underside structure.:grind:
Hopefully I can have it welded up tonight.:smile: