Picked up a couple of 5hp motors... What years ect?

They are both 1970 engines, i need that Briggs engine for my 1970 Taco T100.:deal: woops my bad, i had another look at it, its a 69. wrong motor still looking.

Last edited:
Is the tecumseh worth getting going? I assume the briggs would be. Im just debating on getting the tiller running and using it as is. Or if the tecumseh has more value I can just toss another motor on it and trade off the tecumseh at Windber

Is the tecumseh worth getting going? I assume the briggs would be. Im just debating on getting the tiller running and using it as is. Or if the tecumseh has more value I can just toss another motor on it and trade off the tecumseh at Windber
The H50 and H60 share the same bore,the 6hp just uses a shorter con rod and bigger crank to add more stroke.Im willing to bet that your Tecumseh has a steel sleeve,at least most of the older H50 engines Ive had were.I like the sound of an old flat head what can i say.Plus i have spent years learning how to coax more power out of them and i think its just cool.