Picking days at the scrapyard... done!

jeep4me

I was informed yesterday that there is to be no more picking at the scrapyard I go to.

Lately, there has been a lot of arguing between the yard boss and a few of the pickers. Petty stuff really. I've always had the mindset, don't bite the hand that feeds ya.

Well, those couple of guys have ruined a good thing for the rest of us.

Hopefully, the scrap yard bosses will have a change of heart and only ban those that are the trouble makers.

One of the ones over by us is about ready to pull the plug. A bunch of old regulars that bicker and carry on. The other one closed to anything other than hauling in scrap some time ago, although I did get permission once last year to wander around. Liable is probably the key. I'm surprised the auto salvage yards still allow anyone out in them either yet, I looked for a jack the other day to get a car off the ground and couldn't find one as if they've been pulled. Sad times, I grew up in a very large junk yard that my father worked part time at and played for hours, days out there from 9 years old to about 12. Best memories of my life and still, 40 years later can find stuff out there that no one else can. :thumbsup::biggrin: