pictures 6.5 new db

cmc1

the only real differance in this swap was the rear fender hoop.i choose to cut it off for easy access to the valve cover but it could have been tapped on about .5 inch and cleared.i used a promod kit and it was extremely nice stuff.the pics are in my photos or members photos.it wouldnt take the attachment option for some reason.probably my fault.lol

the only real differance in this swap was the rear fender hoop.i choose to cut it off for easy access to the valve cover but it could have been tapped on about .5 inch and cleared.i used a promod kit and it was extremely nice stuff.the pics are in my photos or members photos.it wouldnt take the attachment option for some reason.probably my fault.lol
Here ya go man. Nice Mini. :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Nice job! I Like It :thumbsup:
Glad to see the engine swap worked out well. I have one on order to play with too.
I kinda like the new frame, even though I am partial to the old school original design.
Anyway... Nice HotRod you built there!

Does the new frame feel smaller than the old ones? The straight bars make it seem shorter
The new frame is smaller than the original, by a bunch! I had my doubts about whether a clone would even fit, I was certain the fender mount had to be moved or cut. I see you used the 2.8 tank which was a great idea! Nice work!

The fender looked like crap anyway, however you need to replace the hoop to strengthen the frame now that you've doubled the HP. I'd cut the original one way down and weld it back on only as close to the bottom tubes as you can! And off it build a decent fender mount to position the fender so it's pleasing to the eye!

Again good work!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

cmc1

thanks guys. it is a smaller frame.i bought one for my daughter to for christmas and she hasnt seen this one yet.im going to bent the bars forward on it for a little more comfort.other than that its pretty fun.lol im going to get a jackshaft for it soon and that will probably do it for the mods.me and my gf have been riding the wheels off of it when we can.it is a blast to ride.now she wants one.

I am so close to pulling the trigger on one of these. The local sears has them in stock, and I have a new-in-box clone motor in my garage.

I can't seem to find detailed stats on the new db30. How much smaller are they vs. the old db30? shorter wheelbase? shorter seat height?

Looking good! :thumbsup: They definitely have a sporty look to them. I'm still on the fence on this on. I guess it's like any other new model, the more you look at it the more you like it. I think the big thing that I notice is the forks/bars but that's nothing a few minutes with a bender can't fix! I'd like to see a pic of the old and new bike together, just for reference! I think it'd help some of us make up our mind.