Pipe/ tube bender

I have that same bender in my Amazon wish list. (Free shipping)
I have the Harbor Freight bender, very similar to this, but I can't find "tube" dies for it. It is for bending flat and square stuff.
Has anybody tried this bender? I see them advertised all over the net.
I have one of the hydraulic jack things with the big shoe on top. It works for some crude farm stuff, but I want better bends for a minibike.

I have that same bender in my Amazon wish list. (Free shipping)
I have the Harbor Freight bender, very similar to this, but I can't find "tube" dies for it. It is for bending flat and square stuff.
Has anybody tried this bender? I see them advertised all over the net.
I have one of the hydraulic jack things with the big shoe on top. It works for some crude farm stuff, but I want better bends for a minibike.
I used the hf pipe bender, filled tube with sand and could make bends ok only to about 30 degrees before kinking the tube
Decided to get a real tube bender. Worked great but these days I don't use it much.

Augiedoggie

I have this one. Good for rough work. It doubles as a hydraulic bench press for me. It's okay but not for the perfectionist looking for show quality stuff. Easy to kink tighter bends. Acetylene torch helps tighter bends.
You can find tons of these used because of their limited usage and original buyers expectations. Got mine free from a friend who was disgusted with the thing:rolleyes:

Have you gotten any good use out of yours, yet?
Not yet because benches weren't strong enough. Like I said it takes a lot of oomph I made a mount to use it in my 4 inch craftsman vise. It broke the vise. It's ripping out of the wood bench. I bought the green metal cabinet for $20 on offer up and plan to mount it on there but now I may try the hitch idea

Attachments

I have a floor mounted pedastal with a buffer on it. I thought about mounting a bender on that, but it looks like it is anchored with wood screws.
If you get it mounted solid, and with a longer handle, does the tool look like it could make quality bends?

Someone, I think he was on here, had one similar to yours, and he had it bolted to a flat plate, welded to a long piece of pipe. Like, 2 inch pipe... and he held onto that pipe and pulled the bender handle to bend his frames. He folded it up and laid it along the wall when not in use.
Truck hitch idea seems much easier to store.

I have a floor mounted pedastal with a buffer on it. I thought about mounting a bender on that, but it looks like it is anchored with wood screws.
If you get it mounted solid, and with a longer handle, does the tool look like it could make quality bends?
Yes I was able to make a decent set of front forks with it. Just haven't been able to do the frame