Please help me fix my son's MB165

Ok so I'm brand new to the small motor world. Literally took apart my first one ever this morning. Idk if I have a motor issue or a carb issue. I have the throttle screw as low as it goes so my son can go slow. When I ride, I just push the governor lever under the gas tank so I can go fast. Well yesterday while testing out his new straight pipe it just died. I brought it back and discovered the gov lever was stuck all the way in "full throttle position". Not stuck per say but just pulled that way and would not stay returned to idle. I thought first a gov issue so I took the motor apart to check the government lever internally. All seems good. So next step was to assess the carb. "Never even held or inspected one before" I took the carb off and all seems in working order, even dismantled the float and that was good. I did notice that the card does not seem to have an internal spring to hold it in the closed position. It just flaps loosely open and closed. Is this correct or is there an internal spring busted somewhere?. If it's right, then I need you guys to help me figure out why the throttle is stuck with the carb sitting in wide open position. Hopefully if I fix that it will start up again. Sorry for the long winded post.

Post a few pictures of the governor linkage as well as where it connects to the carb. Sounds like a broken or missing spring. The carb doesn't have the spring though, the throttle mechanism on top of the engine should.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]