PLEASE HELP with Tech problems

Maaaan I've been on here for another day trying to figure this site out. It's kind of a difficult one or I would use it much more than once per year.... I have MUCH knowledge on old bikes and literally TONS of bikes/parts/pieces... So far as it stands the BIGGEST problem I'm seeing is... ALL of the options in my settings, allow messages, send me emails.. all of that stuff checked ALLOW.. but it will NOT allow people to message me and so forth. When reading the options it has next to the box... allow such and such... So my guess is check the box to allow... they have all been checked for 3 years but I'm wondering if they are supposed be UN CHECKED possibly? Why can't I receive messages... ALSO... how do you delete these existing forum threads posts whatever, that are in your activity stream from 3 years ago? Is that possible? Also, can I be alerted to when someone posts after me on a subject?... if I manage getting anything to work as far as messaging... I got much knowledge but a short temper and attention span. Must be the ADHD :hammer:

is this your yearly "bitch about this place being too hard to use" thread?

i just checked your settings and you don't have them checked yes (except display avatars/signatures). there is not one tech problem here, it's 100% user error.

I ACTUALLY JUST UN checked everything hoping it was the problem.. it used to be CHECKED YES for like 3 years.... Up till like 20 minutes ago when I JUST NOW changed it. If it is SUPPOSED to have the green check mark to approve.. Then there HAS BEEN most certainly some kind of tech error somewhere... I will click them all back on if that's how it's supposed to be, but that never worked before in the past 3 years..... :hammer:

why are you the only one having this problem then? either it's not set up right or there's something wrong with your computer/browser.

seeing as how you complain about this place being too hard to use leads me to believe even more that it's something on your end.

That would not surprise me.. Right now it's Firefox.. Before was IE version whatever... I just changed everything back. Is there maybe a one option that over rides another or something to that effect? Everything seams to WORK work as far as that goes. Everything is fast and right there, it's more a navigation thing. Like certain links you would think you could find in one spot, won't be there... stuff to that effect.. The check marks thing seams to be the only non functioning type of problem I have encountered as of yet... Would cookie handling come into play possibly? I haven't had any problems with any other sites that I can tell.... :doah:

Hey.... check this out... is it possibly because this box was checked?

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators

Pretty well no one but the guy running the site and or people already in my buddys list or something? :thumbsup: Who knows... gotta help right?

that's why you're only getting PMs from those people.

to get PM's, leave only the following ones checked:

Enable Private Messaging
Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages
Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

try that and have someone PM you to see if it works.

:doah: Ahhhhh I should read EVERY word of each option huh? lol.. I did the quicky through and got the jist of each one and figured they all = allow by clicking it.. I wasn't ready for some to be allow and some be UN allow.. I will have to go back through them all individually... Theres like 20 though.. JUST those three are + check marks? Or was it just that ONE single question that was over riding my other answers? That is what I am guessing... I'll look it over again... :thumbsup:

Ahhhh yeah found another one at the bottom that says the same about (visitor messaging) whoever visitors are.. lol.. Soooo I'm thinking it should be all good now... HEY, here's one for ya.. Like when you are looking at your posts/threads/activity stream area there.... Is there any way to delete old threads/posts from your own personal area? I can see that thing filling up FAST if you did a lot of chatting.. I deleted a few earlier but it says something about ALSO removing it from OTHER peoples inboxes or whatever as well... Is there a way to get the older, outdated, unused ones out of your inbox area without messing up the world for other people? Or does it not matter?

yep, you need to read all of them and make sure the correct ones (for what you want) are checked.

i'd just delete the visitor messages. i think they're annoying and don't allow people to send them to me.

Ahhhhh I noticed you can't view pics unless you are a signed in member. I figured there was probably an almost zero chance of getting a visitor message.... Will do... :thumbsup: You seam to run a pretty tight ship here. :boat: Did you ever think of setting up a (you been warned) demerits system? Like those guys, I see a LOT of pissy whiney guys that think they are the grammar police and crap like that.. Lot of punk kids that think they are tough and or brilliant hiding behind their computer screen.. lol.. Cool shtuff. I'll block the visitor messages too. Make them sign up at least if they are going to be harassing people..

we do have a warning/infraction system but it doesn't get used too often. grammar police are a part of every board and you just have to deal with them.

HAHA!! Ohhhh He LIKE ta Got Delt With... lol.. yeah, bunch of tards.. Hmmm I can sit here and harrass you about stuff all day.. Glad I'm finally getting some where. Will use the site a SHIT load more now. What about removing old threads from where it shows your activity? Is that possible? I even noticed like the one I STARTED that says DAMN Help a Nigga Out Here... It not only shows it once, but that post is listed in the list like 4 or 5 times... Can you delete certain ones from your activity stream? If I delete 4 of the , will they ALL dissapear being they are the same thread?:doah:

where are you seeing the stuff for the activity stream? i checked around and didn't see anything. admin/mods are the only ones that can delete posts most of the time. users can if it's their post and the time to edit hasn't passed. i'm not 100% sure if they can delete their own threads in the same manner.

asking questions is fine with me. that's what i'm here for.

HAHA!! DAMN, you built the site and got hidden nightmares huh? Uhhhhh hell, I don't even know where to find it myself 1/2 the time.. Uhhh I think the easiest way is to just go to under your screen name and stuff.. it says (posts) (threads) just click those.. I think threads will show you the LIST of what you have been up to... Uhhh I deleted 3 of them once.. I will have to find that option again.. It was like a (modify / edit ) something along those lines.. You click the box then theres a scroll down thing that gives you options like "delete" these things or "flag" or "send to" something like that...

OPE here's a goodin for ya... I'm lookin at my Email and it says Tom sent ya a message at OldMiniBikes... soo must be it's obviously working... I can read the message and all at Yayhoo BUT I log in and it is not showing up in this inbox... Does it just automatically redirect ya if your Check Mark is turned on for that one or something?