Pleased with my stock db30.

cxbra

:thumbsup:Call me simple, but I love this thing. I wanted one even after watching my neighbor struggle to go 15mph, just because of the price and the upgradability. Im coming from a pocketbike and a go-ped, so im not expecting this thing to have some type of demon-soul or something. I got the carb tuned out and this thing purrs so pretty now. I had a lil offroad action last night, going back for some more right.... now.

....just because of the price and the upgradability....

....I got the carb tuned out and this thing purrs so pretty now. I had a lil offroad action last night, going back for some more right.... now.
And that's what those bikes are all about. There are plenty of options for customizing your bike without the worry of ruining a classic that should be restored.

They provide a good foundation. You can call Baja & order the parts to add a front disc brake to the bike for around $60 if I recall correctly. Or you could go full custom with parts from either Go-Karts, Motorcycles, Pocket-Bikes, Mountain Bikes, etc.

Sounds like you're having fun. :thumbsup: Maybe you could share with us what you learned about dialing in the carb.

cxbra

I have never had so much reliable fun for $225. My pocketbike was fun but it was broken or vibrated to pieces after every ride. Looks like the Baja was a good foundation.

(High elevation tuning) I turned the mixture screw in all the way, then backed it out 3 full turns. I think that is the best a/f mixture. When I had it backed out 3 and 1/2 turns, the throttle response was beast but it would ping going down hill (probably a mix of me abruptly closing the throttle and lean a/f ratio). Im planning on sticking with the stock motor for a few months until I do an upgrade (thinking new HF clone) so it would be nice not to blow it up before then:wink:

cxbra

So.. she's still stock and im still loving her! I have to make sure to take her off road every once in a while, I appreciate her more that way..

I have a doodle bug I put a bigger air filter, new hand grips, new clutch, dirt bike tires, head light, racing chip(got from my old kx 125 works graet gives I 10 mph faster and 1 more horse power) I am also bying a 200cc 6.5 hp upgrede motor.