PMR jack shaft on Motovox MBx10

Sticking with the 79cc for now. Removed gov, gutted muffler, drilled jet, max torque with black garter spring, installed UNI. Mobil 1. need to put back together!

Last edited:
I like it DBM!! Pmr jack shaft looks good on there! Call me crazy but I am ONE who likes the Motovox!! Would like to have one to tinker with! :laugh:Thanks for posting it!

I like it DBM!! Pmr jack shaft looks good on there! Call me crazy but I am ONE who likes the Motovox!! Would like to have one to tinker with! :laugh:Thanks for posting it!
Not avail in 26 states! Hows that for Freedom and Liberty. I'm surprised NY is not one of the states to ban the sale.

Runs Great! Steep hills off road is still a problem but other than that it's a completely different mini. 79cc lives on. No paper weight here. Daughter loves it!

delray

one thing that i notes with all jackshaft setups and specialty with the DB bikes only having 2.5hp. the jackshaft setups ten to rob little hp and also if you don't keep all the chains oil that can cause a small problem. one way that i feel that a person can do a quick test is when engine is not running. just give the bike a push for about 4 feet or so and see how the bike roll's. chains and bike should roll reel easy..:thumbsup: and also don't forget to put a drop of motor oil on the clutch bushing(only) every couple hours or so after riding and use only chain lube spray product on the chains.....:thumbsup:

I will try that but I kinda have my answer, I think its too much drag. I will get some shims and set up better I think because it does seem like the setup WHINES too much.

delray

when you say it whines to much? are you talking about the noise it makes? also got to remember you are turning to sets of chains and the bike is geared way down from the stock set up. which i think the factory setup was geared way to high for the little amount of horse power it was putting out from factory. from the video it sounds and look perfect for her to ride. has long has it still has the factory governor on it and you change the oil couple times a summer and oil the other stuff i told you about......:thumbsup:good to go.......:scooter:

where to you have to put the shims........:shrug:

when you say it whines to much? are you talking about the noise it makes? also got to remember you are turning to sets of chains and the bike is geared way down from the stock set up. which i think the factory setup was geared way to high for the little amount of horse power it was putting out from factory. from the video it sounds and look perfect for her to ride. has long has it still has the factory governor on it and you change the oil couple times a summer and oil the other stuff i told you about......:thumbsup:good to go.......:scooter:

where to you have to put the shims........:shrug:
Gov is removed because with the low gearing it banged it right away. I believe that shims could be used to fine adjust the clutch inboard or outboard on the crankshaft t o align the sprockets better. I might have the chains too tight assuming they would stretch but with only 2.5 HP they might not stretch like I think. In the video as the bike is climbing the hill and the throttle is varied you can hear a heavy whine. More noticed in person.