"Po' White Trash" VS newcomer call out/heads up $ street race this Sunday!

Daniel Coop

You're probably onto something there Danford1. I was thinking about grip and putting down the largest contact patch possible, but I was also hoping to benefit if even just slightly from this tires extra 1/2"- 3/4"diameter over that pocket bike street tire, even though they're supposed to be the same size. It also doesn't hurt that it looks the business too, as I always view form as important as function on these things... But if I'm slower because​ of it, now is not the time to give 2 shits about form. Maybe I will try to test with the street tread tire for a minute tomorrow, and see if I can feel any difference with that same gear? Unfortunately I don't have any way to time it to figure out for sure and am running out of time. Just the old butt dyno. I mean, I can make it crack the rear tire loose, but it's not a common occurrence or an issue, so...?
It did respond well to my jet change this morning. I downsized both the pilot and main jet all the way down to a .020 pilot and a .034 main. That's only 2 small sizes up from stock in a built stainless valve 212 with a ported head and big bore carb! Now it feels a little more snappy and ain't bucking and surging on the big end like it was.
That's altitude for you! In my milder built Hemi, I run a stock carb with only a .018 pilot and .032 main. I'm at just over 6,000 ft elevation. Denver is 7-800' lower at 5280. So if you're in The Mile High and wonder why your Predator feels like you re-installed your governor after you put in that big new .036-.037 jet and GX140 emulsion tube, it's cuz your too damn rich! I don't bother with those damn GX140 emulsion tubes either. No benefit to me here whatsoever.

Last edited:
Hey Daniel, what Clutch are you running ? What's the stall set at ? More hp doesn't necessarily mean the win ... you need to get your gearing so it pulls hard right to the line .. you want it to max out maybe 3' before the line . Even if he launches on you , you will be able to pull past him on the big end of your gearing is correct

Daniel Coop

Hey Daniel, what Clutch are you running ? What's the stall set at ? More hp doesn't necessarily mean the win ... you need to get your gearing so it pulls hard right to the line .. you want it to max out maybe 3' before the line . Even if he launches on you , you will be able to pull past him on the big end of your gearing is correct
Noram Premier Stinger w/14t driver. It's a 3900RPM stall. I agree with you and am working on finding that right gear. I guessed pretty close with the 68t, but am going to try a 66t, and possibly a 67 also today.

Testing is going to be key, lots of great advice in this thread. I went with ceramic bearings on my drag bike and I swear they made a difference, the bike just rolls better, easier.

I noticed the same thing about slow launch to get high top end speeds, my solution was a Polar clutch, huge difference in the launch.
Bike will launch like a champ and then just get faster as the run progresses. In other words there isn't that compromise in gearing like with a centrifugal clutch.
They are expensive though and large, requiring quite a bit of work to make functional, and tuning the clutch is time consuming. But when they are dialed in, they should beat a centri clutch every time all things being equal.

In other words it's like trinik said- HP is fine but it's all in how it is applied. If you can hook up better than the next guy, he might have more power but if he isn't using all the power being made, then you can absolutely beat him.

The BS about the different chassis is lame, I would call the guy out on agreeing to race one bike and then building a different one, the old bait & switch.
A little good-natured trash talking is kind of expected but there is a line between amicable ball busting and out and out lying and deceit which is unacceptable.

Good luck, I hope you win. Just stick to your game plan and don't let this dude break your focus.

Hope you spank his Azz. I hate clowns that talk smack on the internet. You hunted the clown down and talked to him man to mam. In my book that makes you twice the man that bed wetter will ever be.

Daniel Coop

Well, I think I got it dialed in for the 1/8 as best as I am going to get it. I noticed a slight hesitation just off idle this morning, so I swapped out the .020 pilot for an .022, problem solved. Moved on to swapping sprockets and things went downhill from there for a while. The Tuck and Run 68t split sprocket fit the sprocket adapter great, but with the pit parts 66t, The teeth didn't line up perfectly. I made sure both stamped sides were facing the same direction, but it took​ a little work to make it right. I ended up having to loosen up the sprocket on the adapter with the chain on to get it, and this was after chucking and destroying another $30 worth of RLV gold chain and ruining the refinish work I had recently done after a similar incident... So after all that I took my now worse for​ wear DB out to the street and made 1 last hit for the night. It went well. I'm now topping out just before the end of the strip and decided to call it, before I broke something else that I didn't have a spare for.
I checked with a couple of buddies, to see if there was anything new with this dude, and was sent a screenshot of him saying to another guy, that he had 5 kids to go home to and wasn't coming, because he would break my face if he sees me again. Said his bike would be there though, but that if I didn't have money, it wasn't getting unloaded. Wtf?! Now he wants to fight? He ain't coming, but is sending some unknown rider with some bike he may or may not have gotten together with that stupid monster motor. I didn't​ bet to race that engine with any rider in any bike... Sounds like it could be argued, that he punked out... We'll see what happens, but I guarantee he ain't gonna be a man of his word and pay the fee. I appreciate all the advice and support! Thanks everyone! Wish me luck, I will keep y'all posted! Hopefully be some good times and racing either way.

Daniel Coop

After all the shit talk and hype, niether him or any of his supporters showed up. One mutual friend who had kept out of the BS, said he was riding with him yesterday and stock Predators were hanging with him. He then went on to say that even my milder black DB would have spanked him. I believe that's why he didn't show, but I guarantee he's got a different story... Probably something to the effect of he would kick my ass (lol) and couldn't handle shit like a gentleman. I left my attitude at home this morning and came out to race. Shout-out to Noseoil who did actually show up to take in the disappointment... Pleasure to meet him. Still holding the title... For now. Denver​ mini bike scene is young and growing and getting faster.

Daniel Coop

Fat chance I'm sure... I'd have to hunt him down and beat it outta him, and I am getting too old for that shit. I guess I will just have relish in the fact that I am still uncontested and that he looks like a chump to everyone now. I'm building a Mod 2 Hemi Predator for my buddy Jose now, so hopefully he'll be able to give me a little competition at least.

Like sands through the hourglass ....so our the days of our lives......sorry couldn't resist. I have been watching since the first day and was hoping to see a youtube clip one way or the other...your bike looks sweet!!

Daniel Coop

Try to get one in tomorrow or the next day of a high speed run. I need a GoPro, but I can buy some good mini bike/engine parts for the same price so it makes it difficult for me to justify...lol Noseoil took a little video he said he would post, but I was riding my black DB, instead. I had loaded up my white bike back in the van, just saving it for in case he did show up.

noseoil

From that Sunday, better late than never...

https://youtu.be/Sh85dvcGAVA

Turns out the guy who challenged for the race was a spineless, gutless jellyfish who was a mama's boy & only ran his mouth, not his bike. He was a no-show for the run. Too bad, I would have enjoyed watching a race

Last edited:
What about the $500 punk out fee? Did he punk out of that too?
Were there witnesses to the original negotiation where the punk out fee was mentioned?

Danford1

LMAO wish i wouldve seen this thread long ago..... STOCK PREDATORS HANGING bahahahaha ,...... i met the next week (after i had a ride since my shit doesnt fit in a damn civic) and he didnt wanna run..... anyone wanna run your bike instead of them mouths more than welcome to bring some cash and id love to take it