Pocket bike tires on doodle

I have been looking for some new tires for my boodle bug that I am turning into a street ride for my wife. so far I have repowered it with a 6.5 predator but the stock tires she does not like on the road (neither do I). after searching here I see some has went to the pocket bike tires. In my searching I found that what I think might work for the front is the X7 front wheel/rim and tire 90/65-8. but the rear tire I found that fits the stock wheel/rim is the 13/6.5-6. what I need to know is how much shorter is 13/6.5-6 than the factory 145/70-6 ? I see al kinds of pics but really cant tell.

I've found a couple of listing for the 13/6.5-6 tire showing a diameter of 12.83". You would be giving up @ 1" overall diameter I believe. The 145/70-6 is supposed to be 145mm wide (@5 3/4") and 70% of that (@ 4") is the sidewall height. 4"+4"+6" wheel = 14". Somebody is sure to chip in with more...Spooker

Rollout on the OEM 145x70-6 is approx 45"/ 3.13 = approx 14.5 diameter. Pocket bike 13x6.5x6 tire rollout is approx 39"/ 3.13 = 12.5 diameter. The bike will sit approx 1" lower and gear ratio will be like you added 4 teeth or so to the rear sprocket. I put 13x6.5x6 on front and rear and like it mucho for street, but not good for dirt (too rough riding). Rear will wear fast, but front shows no signs of wear. Also, I cut off the kickstand, with bike 1" lower, I was dragging the kickstand and seemed dangerous to me.

Do a search, there are a few pics of DoodleBugs with these tires mounted, they look cool to me.

I tried it with those low profile tires. The bike promptly kicked me off at the first turn.

I ended up going to 15/6/6 tires front and rear for some more ground clearance. Turf tamer rear and ribbed front.

This bike has yet to see dirt since I have had it. All street riding.

Here is a 13/5/6 mounted on a DB front rim in front of my 15/6/6 Carlisle rib also on a rim

And here is the same two with a stock 145/70/6 DB tire in the middle.

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks that really helps me alot. Glad you mentioned the ride also. This will be a street ride. I live in the sticks and sometimes the roads can get a bit bumpy. So these pocket bike tires may not be the best for her or for my ride Im building that uses the same wheels. Might have to move to plan B...the 530x450-6 universal tires at OWB.

Those universals need tubes.

Another bonus of bigger tires is they act like suspension. Bigger is better for ride. Another reason I went to 15/6/6 tires and no tubes.

The 15/6/6 Carlisle turf tamer I have on the rear has maybe 1/8" clearance from rubbing on the caliper.

The stock mounted DB fender doesn't even come close. I lowered my fender so it is about 3/4" above the 15/6/6 tire.

I have heard of some of the other 15/6/6 tires rubbing the caliper...

I put the hotrod minibike street tire kit on my db. I like it and havent noticed any ground clearance issues so far because of the shorter rear tire. I did have to change my gearing to keep my topend speed up because the new tire is about an inch and a half shorter than the stock db tire. I switched to a 56 tooth rear with the 13/5/6 and it was pretty close to the stock 140/70/6 tire and the 70 tooth stock sprocket. The street tires have noticably less rolling resistance than the knobby balloon tires do on the pavement. They really roll smooth! I like the looks of the 8" wheel up front too.

I recently purchased a 13/6.5-6 pocket bike tire for my motovox mbx10 rear tire (Uses 145/70-6 stock). I can not get this thing mounted!!! I have tried with my tire spoons, I can change a dirt bike tire in a few minutes, this thing is horrible compared to that. I have also tried a few different motosport shops with no luck. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I've bought one for the rear to, and a 130/50 X 8 wheel and tire for the front....just don't know if I want to go that small yet. Please let us know how you get it mounted...and how it handles afterwards.
I think JD on here has mounted one for his db.

I recently purchased a 13/6.5-6 pocket bike tire for my motovox mbx10 rear tire (Uses 145/70-6 stock). I can not get this thing mounted!!! I have tried with my tire spoons, I can change a dirt bike tire in a few minutes, this thing is horrible compared to that. I have also tried a few different motosport shops with no luck. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
I don't know if you've installed the tire yet, but they are a pain in the a** to install!!! Especially the street tires with hardly any sidewall. Honestly, I can't really say there's a certain technique I've used, I've done it 3 times already and used different techniques. This last time, when installing the street tire after I got the first side popped on, I had my buddy stand on the sidewall of the tire and I used a blunt tipped tire iron I had sitting around and I pressed the bead down, my buddy following with his foot helping to give pressure. I think I'm just going to pick up the small tire changer from harbor freight and give that a go for next time. Good luck!

Btw, I love the way the tire handles and feels, a lot smoother and a little more confidence inspiring at speed compared to the stock knobby tires.

I got it installed earlier today. jdblood202 a little late but thanks for the hints, definitely be using them in the future. I got mine on with me and one other guy lots of soap and a heated the tire previous to mounting. I will say the inside of the where it seats got a tiny bit chewed up, but nothing bad. I will be riding it later this weekend and will give you guys my opinion on the tires performance.