Pocket chopper to mini chopper

bigoboy

hi all, new to the forum and wanted to play wit the rest of you all. my goal is to buy a old school mini bike. found a guy in a flee-market that has a ton of them. old school mini bikes and choppers. i just need to work on the prices. lol . if you know what i mean. but. this is my project as we speak. now please don't laugh. this is my first bike i'd be playin wit. i'll show my other toys then. ( karts )

yea i have a ways to go on this thing. but one day at a time.

bigoboy

thanks guy, not sure what it is. but it will be fun. i hope. i just posted some pics of my other toys. on my profile photos. again, thanks.

HAHA!!! Well I tell ya what, for not having a vintage bike ya sure got a nice first :scooter: It looks pretty close and good ole American drive line. :thumbsup: A springer is the front ends with springs at the top and rockers on the bottom to give you front suspension. It looks like you are doing fine. :doah: Just do what you're doing. :hammer: :lol:

bigoboy

HAHA!!! Well I tell ya what, for not having a vintage bike ya sure got a nice first :scooter: It looks pretty close and good ole American drive line. :thumbsup: A springer is the front ends with springs at the top and rockers on the bottom to give you front suspension. It looks like you are doing fine. :doah: Just do what you're doing. :hammer: :lol:

thanks for the words my friend. it will be fun doing so.

richs

did that bike have #35 pitch chain my wife has one but it has a really small chain size nice job thats the best thing you can do to them

vette66_00

I would swap the rear wheel back so the Disc brake is on the correct side, then use a Jack Shaft to drive the wheel form the other side. Also a single running chain that far back will only cause you headaches and continue to fall off without at least two tensioners holding it still.

Last edited:
I would swap the rear wheel back so the Disc brake is on the correct side, then use a Jack Shaft to drive the wheel form the other side. Also a single running chain that far back will only cause you headaches and continue to fall off without at least two tensioners holding it still.
thanks guy, i looked at it really close and yes i did decide to run a jack shaft on it which if you see has a nice plate for the jackshaft setup. thanks.. i know all about long chain problems,,, if you look at my photos. my 1978 kz1000 stretched and lowered.

SpyGuy

Nice little ride, looks like one of the Kikker 5150 mini choppers. Definitely run a springer fork on it - look up pictures of the springer forks on Harley-Davidson choppers, and work from there.

Ratbike

Nice little ride, looks like one of the Kikker 5150 mini choppers. Definitely run a springer fork on it - look up pictures of the springer forks on Harley-Davidson choppers, and work from there.
Here's a couple of pics of mine.:hammer:

Last edited:

Ratbike

Header...

Might want to pull that header in a bit...could be a leg burner. Its a pain , but worth it when you're done. Just throwin' more at ya!! LOL!:hammer:

Might want to pull that header in a bit...could be a leg burner. Its a pain , but worth it when you're done. Just throwin' more at ya!! LOL!:hammer:

no no no, that's what i want, other eyes. i did see that when i made the pipe but the pipe bender that i was using only did that little bit of a bend. those are those things that will need doctored up closer to the end. you know... but no thanks man. i love your bike. looks sweet.