polishing

Hey!

I was wondering what the best way to pollish my parts?

i do have a buffing pad. that spins at very high speed..
And a dremel? perhaps this would work, no?

I have a Jet long arbor 3/4 HP buffer that is only 1750 rpm and has 8 and 10 inch pads.
It uses a semi truck brake drum for the base and a 4" X 4" steel post up to the motor base plate. The Craigslist price was great so I bought it.
Steve :scooter:

I believe mine has that same R.P.M. Do i need the steel heavy duty rough pads:shrug:? Or can i use just a regual soft pad? Im guessing its the steel one..

With the dremel I have used a flap wheel they sell I think 2 different grits and they do last a long time. I also use Scotch Bright pads and my finger tips when I was polishing a 19 inch Honda front wheel for my street trike.
Steve :scooter:

I have been using for years a 56c frame swimming pool pump motor.
They have a 5/8 shaft with either a mount underneith or a flat face with four tapped holes for mounting. The best part is: they turn 3450 rpm! All you need to get is one of those slide on 1/2 inch threaded mandrels that will go on a 5/8 ths shaft. They usually have two set screws that tighten down to hold it on the shaft. You can put sanding wheels, polishing wheels or anything for that matter that won't explode at 3450. This set up is cheap and at 3450 rpm works bitchin. Get a couple of sticks of polishing compound like black emory or the green stuff, wet sand your parts, put the stick to the wheel for a second then get to polishing.