Powell 3867 d restore

Just want to say this build is on hold till it warms up a bit for paint . Also lot of chrome to do and these guys are slow as hell . But just a matter of paint and assembly . And i have another powell to build this one not as boring a stocker .

The Client

Just want to say this build is on hold till it warms up a bit for paint . Also lot of chrome to do and these guys are slow as hell . But just a matter of paint and assembly . And i have another powell to build this one not as boring a stocker .

I understand about the cold and the project being hold until warmer weather. I also understand it snowed today, BUT I'm a little worried about the bike being ready for Windber. I beginning to wonder if I choose the wrong builder. Maybe you could turn the garage heater on, do something.

Jesse. (The Client):2guns:

I understand about the cold and the project being hold until warmer weather. I also understand it snowed today, BUT I'm a little worried about the bike being ready for Windber. I beginning to wonder if I choose the wrong builder. Maybe you could turn the garage heater on, do something.

Jesse. (The Client):2guns:
Maybe you did choose the wrong builder . peace out :thefinger:

New Seat Today for the Powell D

I picked up the Super Powell seat today along with the new one I had made for David's Powell D Restore. The upholstery shop (Upholstery 1 Trim Shop, Wilmington, NC ) did a great job on both seats.

Seat Dims

Jesse, Love the seat what is width of seat & thickness of foam???

Hey John,

Wow, I was hoping I wasn't going to get called on the dimensions, just kidding. The standard seat dimensions of both D bikes I have, and the E of Davids is: 19" x 6.5" x 3". We had this new seat increased in width by 1" to better fit our 200 lb butts. It is 7.5" wide. The change really isn't that noticeable and we feel it will make for a more ridable Restored D bike.

PS Don't report us to the Powell Gods.

Jesse

One additional Note John, the shop did the work on both seats for $130. I had a board cut for the new base of the Powell D seat and took them the old seat so they could copy the way the original Powell seat had folded material similar to the way a package is wrapped. The shop made the D seat up from scratch, new and very firm foam and new vinyl. It looks perfect. They also cut down the P7 seat, and scanned the logo into there computer for the Super Powell seat and monogramed it all for $130. Sounded pretty good to me.

Jesse

Delivering the New Seat to David

As written in the Super Powell Build, heading back to Knoxville this evening and taking David the new Powell D Seat,

Jesse

Hello everyone got back to this build today . The weather was great 73 and sunny . Painted engine tins today , used duplicolor lacquer based paint . Got three coats on all and now will let sit for a couple of days and wet sand with 1000 and put three more coats on . And will finish with many coats of clear, Going to get that evil Ed look .

David that looks great, better then the pics you sent me. Can't wait to see it sanded and cleared. I'll order the decals from Paul. ,its going to look better then new.

Jesse

Well yesterday got frame painted and more paint on the motor tins , paint is on and done . I have about five good coats of material on and should be able to get the surfaces flat now in prep for the clear coat . Heres some pics