Powell 3867 d restore

Well i have my own E model i want to do a mild clean up on and I will be coming in to a Rupp that I'am going to do a full on restore , and i have a built up honda 160 that going on another custom that i will build .

Got the RED grips in the mail today . The jury is still out on there use they are the same ones BAB used on his powell . I'am not sure if i want to use them or stock powell black grips .

Decals

We also received a new decal set from Paul, (MBP) for the Briggs. It will look like new. O yea Paul, thanks for the decal set. Hope to see you in the fall; the Mexican Dinner is on the way.

Jesse

Last edited:
Grips

I have also ordered a set of NOS grips from Robert Bruce. We are going to see how he red ones look, but may use the new black ones as a backup.

Jesse

Wheels look great :thumbsup: The grips and decals will be the final touch:thumbsup:
Hey Manchester, would you use the the red or black ones. By the way, the Taco is perfect, I want one just like yours with a Hot engine. If I get serious, I may need to pick your brain on the build.

Jesse

Hey Manchester, would you use the the red or black ones. By the way, the Taco is perfect, I want one just like yours with a Hot engine. If I get serious, I may need to pick your brain on the build.

Jesse
I would probably use the black grips....I actually bought 3 different sets of grips for my build. Green, black and the monster grips.:laugh: Some decisions are hard to make.:laugh::laugh: Thanks for the compliment on the Monster:thumbsup:

I would probably use the black grips....I actually bought 3 different sets of grips for my build. Green, black and the monster grips.:laugh: Some decisions are hard to make.:laugh::laugh: Thanks for the compliment on the Monster:thumbsup:

Thank you, the black ones may look best. We came up with the idea of the Red ones after seeing some on BABs Sapp bike at Funday 2012, they did look cool. BAB gave me a link of where to buy some. Also, the first Powell my brothers and I ever saw was a C Model with Red grips. It was on the East Coast.

Jesse

:eek:ut:Ha jesse mom is shiping your bearings to david it a shame you have to get them from norfolk va from norfolk bearings & supply co:inc

:eek:ut:Ha jesse mom is shiping your bearings to david it a shame you have to get them from norfolk va from norfolk bearings & supply co:inc
Thank you Mr Rock for the bearings , make sure you pad the bill heavy before you send it to my client . Remember you had to drive so theres gas money and your time is worth a lot .:thumbsup: