Powell 7 HP

I've got this rare original Powell mini for sale, probably the best minibike ever built. I think that it was originally a 4 hp, but I bought it with a separate 7HP Briggs that included a clutch/converter already on the shaft. It may possibly be from a powell, but I am not for sure. It ran really good so I bolted it on and had a blast running it around. It is an ANIMAL! It has the two speed/range shifter so that you can leave it in low for rough trails and then let it eat in the high range. It doesn't have the original gas tank and I just rigged a plastic tank on to the top rail. I added a new chain and an aftermarket throttle. The clutch cover guard is missing (aren't they all!) I live in Bastrop, TX and will sell this neat bike for $500 firm. I might coinsider trades on anything interesting, but probably not another minibike, as I already have a few of them. Let me know what you have. I like old stuff with motors. Also hot rod parts, motorcycles, antique car stuff, antiques, collector stuff of all kinds... but I really like CASH!

Any of you ever read a book when you were a kid called "The Minibike Challenge"? The main character gets a 4hp Powell, I think it was a lot like the one in Rockwall's profile pic.

Great bike Judge Young, if I had more $$$$ and lived a heck of a lot closer, I'd buy it. That was my favorite book as a kid.

george3

I am not even going to mention how many, or how many parts I have. How about too many comes to mind. one of my favorite lines on this site, tons of crap! But James C. already claimed it.

george3

1969 Powell Challenger Minibike red 4hp tecumseh not original paint - $475 (Fullerton)
I think this craigslist Powell is later than 69 maybe 70.