Powell on ebay

I'd buy it if it wasn't for the coast to coast shipping. $400+ if shipped right. It would make for a perfect restore at $500. I wish 3000 miles was closer.

Jesse

The seat is a Phantom 7 seat turned around missing the duck tail..:laugh:
Looks like it sold seller pulled the auction..i wonder who got this one ?
Must have sold for over $500 nice bunch of parts!!

There were no bids.:shrug:
Michael

No Sir, that's wrong there was a bid, I looked at it and the bidder's ID to see if I knew him or her. I even considered buying it and finding someone to disassemble it and ship it as cheap as possible, ie: several boxes. I am a little shocked myself. I'm not an ebay expert, but my wife is about as close as its gets to one. The auction could only be cancelled two ways: The bidder withdrew the bid; only possible with good reason. Usually ebay has to approve this move. Seems weird that this happened in one day. The other is the seller cancelled the auction, again only with good reason and usually not allowed unless the bidder agrees since a bid was placed and the bidder had the right to buy the bike at the bid or in this case the starting price. Again, unusual. Something odd here, maybe well see if its gets re-listed, ie. at a higher price, or whether the bike ends up bought by someone. Ebay is usually pretty good at checking emails for conversations that violate ebay policy, assuming they are on the ebay system. Well see what happens.

george3

No Sir, that's wrong there was a bid, I looked at it and the bidder's ID to see if I knew him or her. I even considered buying it and finding someone to disassemble it and ship it as cheap as possible, ie: several boxes. I am a little shocked myself. I'm not an ebay expert, but my wife is about as close as its gets to one. The auction could only be cancelled two ways: The bidder withdrew the bid; only possible with good reason. Usually ebay has to approve this move. Seems weird that this happened in one day. The other is the seller cancelled the auction, again only with good reason and usually not allowed unless the bidder agrees since a bid was placed and the bidder had the right to buy the bike at the bid or in this case the starting price. Again, unusual. Something odd here, maybe well see if its gets re-listed, ie. at a higher price, or whether the bike ends up bought by someone. Ebay is usually pretty good at checking emails for conversations that violate ebay policy, assuming they are on the ebay system. Well see what happens.
I bid on a bell helmet won it for 5.00, lol fought with ebay about this and I couldnt get it. He wanted 50.00 shipping so I said I would pick it up and the shit hit the fan from there. Ebay said we cant make him give you the helmet.

The other is the seller cancelled the auction, again only with good reason and usually not allowed unless the bidder agrees since a bid was placed and the bidder had the right to buy the bike at the bid or in this case the starting price. s.
I've been the active winning bidder many times and had the auction pulled before it ended, with out my consent:shrug:

MikeBear

This is Ebay classic.

Here's what most likely happened: Bidder bid on bike at the price listed. Somebody EMAILED the seller through Ebays system, and offered MORE money, or some sort of deal. Seller took it, because the price never went any higher, and he figured he could. Seller ended auction, and sold the bike out the back door.

I'd bet money on it.

This is Ebay classic.

Here's what most likely happened: Bidder bid on bike at the price listed. Somebody EMAILED the seller through Ebays system, and offered MORE money, or some sort of deal. Seller took it, because the price never went any higher, and he figured he could. Seller ended auction, and sold the bike out the back door.

I'd bet money on it.
^^ X2
Ya snooze Ya loose!!:laugh:

It seems like 99% of the Powells I have seen for sale were on the west coast.
I bought the only one that I have seen for sale within 300 miles of me.
And it was a piece of crap, rusted up hunk of junk.... but I'm making something cool out of it.
You west coasters are lucky, cuz I really like these Powells and would have 4 or 5 of em if I didn't
have to spend $400 to get one shipped here.

Last edited: