Predator 212 Acceleration

i have a predator 212 rthats getting jetted & a few other mods..and im wondering what can i do to make my bike get off the line faster than it is ? should i be changing my sproket & clutch ? if so what should it be changed to..i have the big chain set up

You could go numericaly higher on you rear sprocket but the clutch gear would be harder to swap out. It can be done depending on the manufacturer of the clutch.

Keep in mind if you go higher on your rear sprocket it can give you better take off but lower top speed unless you have tweaked the engine.

The TAV will cost more but you will be happy with the results.

Last edited:
how many teeth should i have on my sproket to get a decent acceleration and still have a good top speed..i already have a small one that has i believe 29 or 30 teeth(small sproket) and it gives me a nice top speed but off the line it struggles..i weight 145-155 and my engine was stock ..now im getting my govener removed,a header made & my carb jetted so would i need around 50 teeth on my clutch ?

i have a predator 212 rthats getting jetted & a few other mods..and im wondering what can i do to make my bike get off the line faster than it is ? should i be changing my sproket & clutch ? if so what should it be changed to..i have the big chain set up
What kind of clutch do you have and how many teeth are on it,you say you have 29 or 30 tooth rear sprocket? How many teeth are on the rear sprocket? Then well go from there.Lots of things can be done with a clutch set up but we need info on what you have first.

64 tooth sprocket seems common for both gokarts and minibikes.

What speeds are you trying to attain realistically? If your goal was mid 20's that would be easy to do cheaply. If you have removed the governor and added exhaust & intake mods the you are there with a simple rear gear swap.

Use this http://www.affordablegokarts.com/SpeedCalc.php

Last edited:
what site sells sprokets and what number is my chain since ihave the big chain set up..im seeing sprokets for the #35 chain..isnt that the small one

Do you have #41 chain? #35 & #41 chain are common for minibikes and yardkarts.

If I knew where "323-951" was I might could help you more. . . is that a cell assignment in cell block ''A". :doah:

Try OldMiniBikes to start. Northern Tool has some #41 stuff too.

Last edited:
im tryin to hit 65-70 with out spending alot of money
Good luck. Speed cost . It's gona be a head ache getting gears for that 41 chain. I know, I'm the only one running it on a race bike out at the drag spot. Change your stuff to 35 chain . It will be easier to gear. With your current gear You have s 3.0 gear ratio now. Go get a 38tooth rear and that's the best you'll get. that should put you at 3.8 . Take off and mph.

Good luck. Speed cost . It's gona be a head ache getting gears for that 41 chain. I know, I'm the only one running it on a race bike out at the drag spot. Change your stuff to 35 chain . It will be easier to gear. With your current gear You have s 3.0 gear ratio now. Go get a 38tooth rear and that's the best you'll get. that should put you at 3.8 . Take off and mph.
where should i look for that 3.8 ?