Predator 212 stock top speed?

Searched but didn't find anything, if I missed something let me know.

What's your top speed with a stock or almost stock predator 212cc? I'm picking one up tomorrow hopefully and wanna l ow what I'm in for :)

mkiuk

A few things could affect the top speed such as gearing, cent. clutch or torque converter, etc. I have one on my MB165 with a cent. clutch and a climbing gear (not sure how many teeth) and it does 25. If I put I torque converter on there (which I plan to if I can get these brakes figured out) it could probably do 40.

Seems you are leaving out one detail to achieve that speed.
Haha, yup. Come to think of it I never ran that motor bone stock, for some reason I was correlating "stock" with "governor still installed". My mods were the typical header/intake/jetted carb. My bad, I brain farted. Although, even with mods, doesn't the governed top speed still pretty much stay the same? The mods just help it get there faster? When I had the governor installed, my bike's top speed wasn't all that much more than my buddies honda gc160 powered bike.

My T-Bird pit bike will hit "Ludicrous" speed. Only problem with that is with the street tires on it, you can lock up the rear wheel and it still takes forever to stop. Those 2.50 x 10's don't have a very big contact patch... New/better tires are waiting on me to install them.
Billet rod/flywheel, Mod 2 can, custom port job, 22 pound springs, header, high flow air filter, no governor, race fuel. Went down a couple of sizes of rear sprockets to try and keep the front wheel down. That still happens if you crank the throttle open...

The CT200u is another one that can fly, I still haven't wound it out yet.
Pretty much same same set up engine wise, has a TAV instead of the clutch/jackshaft. And am in the process of adding front brakes to it.

Last edited:
After I re-geared my minibike top speed measured with a portable GPS is 42 MPH. That engine has loads of power, next I will try a couple of teeth smaller rear sprocket and see how fast is goes then.

John

So far have an old db30 with a rev limiter / oil sensor Delete, torque, converter 12 tooth, front end replacement with an older DR70 adding front suspension but came with a bit of a rake I didn’t love but I can fix that later if I hate it, straight header exhaust (still picking a screw on exhaust), mikuni vm22 26mm carb jetted@ 145 with a nice intake manifold just in case i decide to add nos, carb obviously came with an aftermarket filter, dynocams 308 camshaft, pulled the predator tank off installed an aftermarket dirt bike style one, kx80 seat now my final touch is that damn rear wheel I have a couple swing arms laying around I was thinking of adding but I feel it would look odd I was thinking about just grinding off the existing axle mount and flipping it upside down and go a little wider on the outside of the frame and I think I could stuff a rim/ tire I have from an old xr50 I think it’s a 40 tooth sprocket then just have to fab a new location for my brake caliper and may once again have to adjust my engine location which btw I put some stiff control arm bushing in between the motor and the bike not only did it allow the torque converter to fit but cut way down on vibration. Any input on my rear tire dilemma? Also guesses on top speed when I’m done?

So far have an old db30 with a rev limiter / oil sensor Delete, torque, converter 12 tooth, front end replacement with an older DR70 adding front suspension but came with a bit of a rake I didn’t love but I can fix that later if I hate it, straight header exhaust (still picking a screw on exhaust), mikuni vm22 26mm carb jetted@ 145 with a nice intake manifold just in case i decide to add nos, carb obviously came with an aftermarket filter, dynocams 308 camshaft, pulled the predator tank off installed an aftermarket dirt bike style one, kx80 seat now my final touch is that damn rear wheel I have a couple swing arms laying around I was thinking of adding but I feel it would look odd I was thinking about just grinding off the existing axle mount and flipping it upside down and go a little wider on the outside of the frame and I think I could stuff a rim/ tire I have from an old xr50 I think it’s a 40 tooth sprocket then just have to fab a new location for my brake caliper and may once again have to adjust my engine location which btw I put some stiff control arm bushing in between the motor and the bike not only did it allow the torque converter to fit but cut way down on vibration. Any input on my rear tire dilemma? Also guesses on top speed when I’m done?
It’s a franken bike but it’s actually pretty bad ass or will be I’ll post pics soon