Predator 79 CC stock Jet size is 58

I took this out this morning and was going to start to enlarge it, but I cannot find my welding tip cleaner. I will pick up another set today. Might swing by the hobby shop and see if they have small drills. Mine dont go that small.

I will take some pictures today.

Dave

SO taking pictures doesnt really work because the jet is way too small to get any definition.

I took the smallest welding tip cleaner and opened the hole. Went to the second tip and then the 3rd. Not sure if the 1st or 2nd did anything. The 3rd was getting some drag, so I kinda went around the hole till there was no drag.

Then smoothed the edge out. I re-installed the jet and drilled 3 holes in the front air filter cover.

I removed the slack out of the throttle as well. Definitly starts easier. Still though getting my 230lbs out of the hole is tough. I think I might open the jet up another tip size. Hopefully it will start better etc..

If all else fails, I will go to an #80 jet with the open air cleaner and make a header.. All of the parts are here...

affordablegokarts: 79cc Parts

Dave

So my next door neighbors daughter wanted to ride the Purple Monkey yesterday. I told her that the engine was now smaller. I screwed the throttle stop in all the way and backed it out 4-5 turns. She said that it was great, no difference from before. (She weighs like 75lbs!)

I then gave her one more full turn out on the throttle. She said it was pretty fast. So I think for a 100lbs and lower a 65 Jet (I think that is close to what I made it) is fine. I am going to measure the jet and order a few different sizes this weekend.

I will take a few videos this weekend of the 79CC.

Dave