progress on my Cheeftah

Its starting to take shape now.Still a lot to do.
Im going with a 6.5hp Briggs Intek.Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Nice work on the Cheeftah!!! I will be starting my MB1600 soon. Here is the frame as it sit now but I have all the original parts including the chain guard thanks to a member on the board. Keep up the good work and pics as you go.

I seen a guy redo one of these on here asking for the Cheetah Decal that goes on your forks and it turned out really nice I forget who makes reproductions but like i said it was really nice repro! :smile:

Thanks,need to set up tank and put on the fork decal and stripes (getting those from jeep4me).Any ideas for the tank?Step daughter took for test ride
(shes 13)and all looks good.

Getting close to finished.Wife put the decals and stripes on yesterday.
Didnt have good pics so just guessed at stipe offset.Dont like tank on the frame but havent came up with another way yet.Let me know what you think.

higeye

Getting close to finished.Wife put the decals and stripes on yesterday.
Didnt have good pics so just guessed at stipe offset.Dont like tank on the frame but havent came up with another way yet.Let me know what you think.
Looks great! I need a set of decals for my old Cheeftah 1300 resto too! I'll try to get a hold of jeep4me for a set also!

higeye

That decal and those pin stripes look great.....Oh, and so does the rest of the bike:thumbsup:

Nice Job!!
I saw your Cheeftah 1300 Decal & fender stripes-They look great! I could sure use a set for my old Cheeftah 1300 restore I'm doing! Please advie where I can get a set of these. Thanks, Ken.

I have a Cheeftah too. I installed a Briggs Intek and used a Kohler K91 gas tank. Bike is being modified to take a sidecar. Its all black with hammered copper wheels and home made seat. Will post photos soon.

I was debating taking to detroit tomarro but i am gonna keep it. Its actually in great shape and i love the 6 spoke rims! they will clean up great!

higeye

Same Cheetah frame!

I have the same bike but mine says k&m scrambler, it looks exact ecept the foot pegs are mid frame and they are square?

The original pegs on mine were in the exact same location as yours and look exactly the same also! They originally had round black rubbers that fit the squared off steel folding pegs that were welded on the frame-mine have been missing for years, but, I still remember them. When I blasted the frame I ground them off, cut 2 pieces of 3/8" pipe 1" long & welded each to the frame up toward the front (more comfortable now that I'm a little bigger & taller than 40 years ago). I saved the original pegs though, why, I don't know, I'll probably never use them!