PROUD papa of a Golden Pinto

jeep4me

He bought that from a guy here in GR for $200. I was going to buy it then, but I thought $200 was a bit high.

I sent him an email about it a week or so ago, telling him I would buy it for his original investment. To which he replied, "F... U!":no:

I'm assuming that the gold paint must have REAL gold in it at the $900 asking price.

My Buddy just bought an original G.P a month or so ago around the Toledo area for a fraction of that, and I bet its just as nice. Believe me this guy will get get a reality slap when it doesn't sell. Just like this guy in Ohio who has been trying to sell this POS for the past 3 years (5HP Old chopper minibike) :eek:ut:

45t

A lil pricey for me. Maybe he thinks it's a taco or Honda? There is a golden p in WI that is in very good shape and still has the original black clutch cover w/ jcPenney logo decal on it for $200.

jeep4me

He started out asking $1000 for it a month or so ago. So if he drops his price 10% every month he should sell it....... this time next year:eek:ut:

Asking is one thing getting it is another. Alot of people think just because its old its worth alot. I think its worth whatever someone will pay for it. Maybe they should have something to give people a ball park estiment? Or maybe the sellers should do alittle more reserch to figure out what other bikes like theirs are selling for. Last i checked we was not allowed to say what they are worth on OldMiniBikes. :shrug: just my 2cent.

Last edited:

jeep4me

Asking is one thing getting it is another. Alot of people think just because its old its worth alot. I think its worth whatever someone will pay for it. Maybe they should have something to give people a ball park estiment? Or maybe the sellers should do alittle more reserch to figure out what other bikes like theirs are selling for. Last i checked we was not allowed to say what they are worth on OldMiniBikes. :shrug: just my 2cent.
You're exactly right, people need to do their own research (or should do it at least). The reason we dont give estimates on minibikes on OldMiniBikes is because new members would come on here just for that, and nothing else. They would say "...Just picked this up and wondering what it's worth..." then next thing you know it's for sale in the classified section.

I agree with you, you minibikes are worth whatever someone will pay for them. But just remember, your idea of value and someone else idea of value can be miles apart. Sweat equity is not usually worth what it should be.