Purple Rupp

tomsprops

Hello I just picked up a Very compleate Rupp. It looks like it had a Backyard paint job. The original color was Metalic Purple/lavender ? It has the original lighted coil motor,12inch wheels,Rupp tires w/raised white letters,brake levers Headlite,tailite ,wire harness and Very good chrome forks and bars.It's all there but the side cover and chain .
My question is; What year did Rupp produce the Purple color and for what models? Yes I will post photo's as soon as the sun out !
PS I paid a very good price for it off of Craigs list !
Thanks for any input ! We don't see Rupps out here very often at all !

Not many Rupps here on the left coast for sure.

I passed up a nice complete 6" wheel model several years ago and kick myself for it.
Could you kick yourself a few more times for my sake? A good swift one in the groin would make my day. :thefinger:

Tom, sorry, I don't do Rupps but not a ton of them up here either.

tomsprops

I figured out it's a Rupp Roadster2 .I don't know what year the purple one was produced 71 or 72. I would love to find out the paint code if any one has it ? I like these bike because of their size ! I think the SFV guy are going to change the classes next year to Outlaw my WIDOWMAKER Rupp (Mikes Bikes). So I want to be prepared to Whip there A :asshole: 's on a stock Rupp . That is unless I restore this Mini and make it to pretty to Race !

If the entire frame of the bike was purple originally it's a 71' Also if the rear sprocket has the multi holes instead of the 5- oval holes its a 71"

72's all had black frames and 5 oval holes in the rear sprocket. Also e-mail Brandt at Ruppparts.com and he can give you the correct paint code for the bike.

tomsprops

Here it is , Thanks R81, It's a 71 !

KB8- She like the purple/lavender so it's pretty safe to say it's gonna be purple/lavender ! Yes she's a "Minibiker" ! We rode Minibikes yesterday around town to do our erands about 8 miles ! Her present Mini is a DB30 with a TAV2 6.5 clone ! She likes to Wheelie !

Tom: When I was a Rupp dealer in Long Beach it was during Rupp's cross over days they had brought out the new Mini Cycles like the RMT-80 and RMT-100 and I sold a few of each . But they still were offering all the big wheel mini bikes like the Hustler, Black Widow,Roadster 2, Sprint. I saw a lot of the smaller wheeled Rupp's for service. I also sold the Rupp Trikes like the 3 & 5 HP Rat .
My distributor for Rupp was Dee Engineering known today as BUG PAC the VW parts suppler. Not long after I closed my store in 1974 Rupp bit the dust but one thing about the history of the Rupp Dealerships you were required to buy parts that's why there still is a lot of NOS parts out there .
Steve :scooter:
Live it up Rupp , Kiss my Rupp , Rupp Rider Club , Speedy Gonzalez rides a Rupp, Go Rupp
Rupp is #1,