Putting a plate on a 74 CT70k3?

So i was just brainstorming this idea today and thought maybe someone might now. I have a cousin in North Carolina and i do know that there a lot more lenient on mopeds/motorcycles/scooters/etc. So i was thinking about looking into having him try to apply for a title in NC for it, and then sending it to me here in ohio where i can just go on down to the DMV, get an ohio title, then get my plates. But i didnt want to proceed with this and then find out later down the road that the bike needs to be down there with him.

and So i can or cant use that form wrenchdad posted?

So i was just brainstorming this idea today and thought maybe someone might now. I have a cousin in North Carolina and i do know that there a lot more lenient on mopeds/motorcycles/scooters/etc. So i was thinking about looking into having him try to apply for a title in NC for it, and then sending it to me here in ohio where i can just go on down to the DMV, get an ohio title, then get my plates. But i didnt want to proceed with this and then find out later down the road that the bike needs to be down there with him.

and So i can or cant use that form wrenchdad posted?
I posted it and yes if you can answer the top part of it that should get the ball rolling to get you a title.

WrenchDad

http://publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/bmv3774.pdf

I'm not trying to argue I'm just trying to understand how this form is going to help him GET a title.

The section marked "Original Certificate of Title" is to apply for the original title. you need proof of ownership in the way of MCO, Title no. or registration number ect. ( He has none of that) and previous owner and address (also doesn't have that).

The duplicate certificate of title is to apply to get a duplicate for a title that has been lost, stolen or damaged. Correct me if I'm wrong but this form wont create a title, just recover one (if you already have the title info) even if you go to another state how do you generate a title if it didn't already exist without the MCO?

Now, if the previous owner had a title, a VIN search would show that (I don't know who can do a VIN search, I think the notary can). If it was titled now you have some place to start ( the title numbers exist and are in the system somewhere) If the vin search shows that no title exist now your back to the root problem.

I ran into this about a dozen times trying to buy motorcycles off craigslist. A lot of guys had lost the titles or never got them from the previous owner ( but they did exist..somewhere). so you would have to track down the info and then apply for a duplicate, pain in the ass but could be done. Some guys simply never titled the bike when they bought it from the dealer. (if they didn't register it right away or it was off road they weren't required to file for a title). With a MCO you could file and get a title with proof of ownership. You may have to jump thru some hoops and get other state required verifications but you could do it. Even with a bill of sale if you didn't have the MCO the bike was dead (Nothing ever in the system).

So again I don't know how this form generates or finds a title if it didn't exist?

Not arguing just asking.