Quad VS minibike

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
450cc 6 speed

There was another blue one that was a little slower. It was also a 450cc version but it was newer. I think the yellow one had the rev limiter removed.

Hent

Everytime I see his videos I get pissed. If I drive a mini bike on the street, I've got about 20 minutes. If I drive my four wheeler on the street, about 5 minutes before the police show up and really start bitching!

Apparently they've got it good there...

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
If we are in street traffic we are in trouble. But if we stick with the street we are allowed to ride on we are OK. Every once in a while, maybe once every two months there is some new cop that comes along and make us leave.

65ShelbyClone

That quad looked like possibly a Suzuki. I noticed most of the newer quads are getting the 450cc MX bike-based engines. Honda ditched the TRX400 EX aircooled engine(based on the XR400) in favor of a watercooled CRF450 powerplant, for example(~28hp vs 48hp). With that, I would have expected the quad to have been faster. Most of the 450cc thumpers are in the mid 45hp+ range.

Then again, he brought a four wheeled knife to a 2-wheeled gunfight anyway. :001_rolleyes:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
When most people just look at the videos, the minibikes look to be moving slow. Or leaving the starting line very slow. But when your there you can actually see how fast this stuff is moving. That's why the guy on the quad thought he would kill the minibike in a short distance. The minibike was really about to start pulling away at the end. Being that the minibike was still geared for the 1/4 mile, but still race the 1/8th.

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I really don't know the exact models they were. But the blue one wasn't a Banshee, and it was a 450cc just like the yellow one.

The Banshee doesn't even sound like those two. There was another guy the next week with a 350cc Banshee and they sound like a regular 250cc 2-stroke dirtbike.

Check out this clip!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw8o2RlqsLU

Been busy with life and everything. My bike now resides in beaumont cs. I have a house out there and since cops don't really care about riding out there, I just go up there every other month and ride there. Hows all your projects going charles?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Thanks, I haven't video taped any new clips for the forum lately. I get so busy riding and helping other tune there minibikes all the time.