Quality Time.

Been spending some quality time in my shop. Almost finished building my "run-in" stand. Only SBC and BBC will fit on it for now. Later I'll modify it for Fords, too. Got my buddy's Corvette at the house putting a new engine in it. We're building him a basically stock 355 just for cruising around in. Got my wife's cousin's Willys Jeep at my house, too. He said to bring it here. He'd buy the parts for me to fix it and I can just keep it here on the farm to play with. If and when he wants it back, he knows where it is. Getting ready to start organizing and hanging some tools on the wall of the work room in my shop. For all you car guys, "As a matter of fact, yes I do know how to use that Moroso Pro Degree Wheel" :smile:. We graduated from the 11" one to the 18" Pro wheel. Does the same thing, just more accurately. I have guide liner sets to install 11/32 and 3/8 bronze valve guide liners now. I need to get the broaches for sizing them, though. My seat grinder is practically new, ready and waiting (complete with stones). But, I need to work on my valve grinder. It's old like me. My rod heater has only been used a few times, so it's like new. It's taking some work, but we're getting there. I thought I'd have some extra cash b/4 long. I was going to sell my mother's house here on the farm. My son decided he wants it. That means I'll give it to him. Nice brick house, just needs some repairs here and there. My mother let it go down hill b/4 she went to the nursing home and died. Oh well, at least I know he'll be here on the farm when I need him. Well time to get a bath. My wife says she smells something. I've been outside tinkering with cars, spraying Round-Up and putting tools back in my toolbox- I don't understand why I stink :smile:

Well, I'm retired and still don't have enough time for all of my interests. I did find time for some minibiking the other day. I finally finished working on my cousin's. He rode it over to the house today. Now I want to work on mine. When my son starts working on my mom's/his house, guess who's got to help him :smile:. That'll cut into my time even more. Oh well, I have the rest of my life to get done what I want to. I'm NEVER bored.

Oldsalt

Well, I'm retired and still don't have enough time for all of my interests. I did find time for some minibiking the other day. I finally finished working on my cousin's. He rode it over to the house today. Now I want to work on mine. When my son starts working on my mom's/his house, guess who's got to help him :smile:. That'll cut into my time even more. Oh well, I have the rest of my life to get done what I want to. I'm NEVER bored.
Glad to hear you got the your shop built and are enjoying the benefits thereof!

My retirement was going pretty good for a while. Then, my wife retired this year. Messed up my morning and afternoon naps. I have to actually do my "honey-doos". And, she doesn't like to get greasy, so she's no help as a mechanic's assistant. :laugh:

jeep2003, thanks for the info on the forum and parts. The '59 has just been sitting for a while. He had issues with the brakes when he parked it. I picked up brake parts already and need to see if the old engine is going to crank. It isn't pretty, but aside from a little rust it's in really good shape. My wife has been wanting an old Jeep to drive. She's never driven one b/4. I think when she drives this one (knowing her like I do), she'll change her mind. With "Jeep" off the table, I might get her a little more interested in another Corvette. She knows how I drove the ones I had, so she's apprehensive about them. I'm older and more mature now (yeah, right :wink:) so she might not have to worry as much. Tim.