Quick rear rack

Just finished a conversion (scary power now!). My driveway is .37 miles long and this new box makes getting the mail an adventure now. I'll paint the rack and secure the box with zip ties. The welds were made with a MIG I have and can be cut off easily for future mods. I also put a clutch cover on it I made and covered it with some old aluminum diamond plate I had around. Yell if you have any questions.

Jeese dude, you didn't even take the rear seat off for welding? :001_tongue: Reminds me when guys put milk carton baskets on their motorcycles and whear road worker vests. Out of closet

Old seat

I'm going to recover the seat in John Deere yellow ... to accompany the John Deere green .... so I didn't care about messing it up.

mybiz

Hope your frame for basket dont break off. It doesnt look like you got good penetration! on your welds since you welded over the paint :eek:ut:

Was on a trip. I own 20 acres and use it to get the mail, check the fence, etc. My wife uses it to bring water to me if I'm on the tractor, stuff like that. I ground the powder coat off, actually and did an initial weld. Then sort of "top coated" the weld again just for the hell of it. I've since painted the rack red and the basket John Deere yellow in preparation for the big green paint job later! So far, the conversion is running well. I need to cut off the tensioner since it's welded on crooked. Chinese ....

the tensioner isn't really needed anyways.

my buddy and i found a killer spot for riding yesterday (they built streets and never built houses, roads are blocked). we racked up several miles of balls out riding on our DBs. it was fun and we're going back next weekend. it just sucks it's about 25 minutes from me and 45 minutes from his place. noise is also an issue there (at least with my DB which isn't quiet). it is within riding distance of his grandparent's boat house which is nice (maybe 1 mile of street riding).