R' Grasshopper....

We just received this Grasshopper the other day,"as purchased"

Seller stated "useable rear rim,sprocket & tire".....ha,ha.... the rear tire has a slash in it,rear sprocket's teeth are round off :doah: & there is a hole in one of the spokes :laugh: looks like i am 0 for 2...lol

We had to do alot of grinding on someone's welding that was done to the front of frame. Prior to grinding,the welds looked like "chicken crap". We are going to reweld that area.

Also we removed the homemade scrub brake after we took pics. Will post some updated pics soon.

pay no attention to our 1953 Buick Special 2dr sedan in the background :thumbsup:

Ruttman Grasshopper pictures by customizer007 - Photobucket

Well now, that small hole in one spoke sure is a job to fix, i was bidding on this bike for the wheels only, a friend is a wizz at fixing busted alloy wheels but that might have tested him i think. The usable bit is open to interpretation do you think ??? Was it worth the $270.00 still ?

Well now, that small hole in one spoke sure is a job to fix, i was bidding on this bike for the wheels only, a friend is a wizz at fixing busted alloy wheels but that might have tested him i think. The usable bit is open to interpretation do you think ??? Was it worth the $270.00 still ?

I will not be using the rear rim,i will put it on the shelf :laugh:

yeah, i would say the "usable" would be open for interpretation, however, for me,that rear rim & sprocket is not usable. :thumbsup:

"was it worth the $270.00 still".....well.....hmmm.... to me yeah, otherwise i would not have purchased it for my boys. :thumbsup:

I have bought a few things off ebay that haven't come close to being "usable" as described, some door hinges for my F100 that have so much play (yes hinges are tight) they could be used for Lambo type swingup doors :doah: Some "real nice" rear brake drums that were almost paper thin ! Bit of a risk at times aint it ?

Nice that color goes great on theose choppers :thumbsup: Let see a pic of that unfixable wheel
OK. I took some quick photos of the 2 rims.

photos of the "small hole" ...lol

I do have it reasembled with parts as purchased....so get ready....still need seat/sissybar 5 spoke rim half. :thumbsup:

4 spoke, severly damaged bead edge....."OUCH!!!"

Last edited:
damn those wheels are definatly dead lol. You might be able to fix the one with the hole if you back it up with something like copper and try some alumiweld rods to fill it in. wouldnt hurt to try although its like 25$ for the pack of rods

That color go's great with the bike and the name ''GRASSHOPPER''.Ruttman actually had a green color that was simular to yours , AKA Grasshopper Green!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice job on the Ruttman Chopper! I did a CCS Charger Chopper last winter in Lime Light Green. Here is some pictures of my Chopper. Keep up the good work.