Ratty Ruttman

I picked this little guy up about a week and a half ago. Finally got it running and riding and stopping with the Allied Leisure brake kit. :thumbsup:

The next order of business is fenders, then probably tires. These have some scary looking cracks. :blink: :laugh:

Nah prolly not. :no::laugh:

A couple of the neighbor kids were out and flagged me down when I was riding down the road this afternoon. They are probably 8 or 9 years old. "What is that? Is that a minibike? Is it for sale?" :laugh: Yes, no, not really. "If it was for sale how much would you ask for it? Do you need a drivers license to ride it on the road?" Ummm, not really supposed to ride it on the road. :laugh: Don't tell anyone, okay? :laugh:

Nice little bike..those kids are definitely gonna talk about this..my parents would find doodle drawings of big person on a little motorbike laying around ": D

I like to be prepared when I take things apart. New tire - check. New tube - check. New bearings - check.

:doah: Doh! I don't have one of those. :laugh: This was hiding behind the rear sprocket. :censure:

How close are the Ruttman and Lil' Indian 6" wheels? Would mixed halves match up back to back? I notice Allied leisure sells individual wheel halves for the Lil Indian on their site. I know the front is different but I can hide it behind the sprocket. :shrug:

Last edited:
Man Kenny ....that is a bummer ! Sorry I have no Idea if that wheel half will work or not.... maybe someone on here has an original wheel half that you need.

Cool bike...The kids down the street do the same thing when I take mine out...the one kid came to my door wanting to trade for a brand new hover board....also had the 80 year old man tell me about when he new the "boys" that made them...

Thanks Guys!

I've been riding the heck out of this thing before it gets too cold out. Working on it some too.

Fenders, new tires, homemade seat, :laugh: (It's actually comfortable!) Low tone muffler! I love how quiet it is now. Somewhat matching grips. I also cleaned out the original tank best I could. I had to replace the petcock and cap, they were goners.

Bike is looking good Kenny..I like it ! :thumbsup: Did I ever tell you how much I love Ruttmans ?!?!? :laugh:
Nice ride Kenny , I have a short frame spider and she scoots ! A little small but fun as hell !!
Haha Eric, yes you turned me on to Ruttmans and the 3hp Briggs. Thanks! Plenty of power in a small bike! :laugh:

Ang, it's so small and light but not too small to ride, right? Scoots right along and feels a lot faster than it is :laugh: