Really sweet 50's era homemade?

I would have liked to see what was under the tape at the bottom tubes, looks like maybe just a place for the feet. A bit disappointed it was not offered here as Buck suggested to the owner, he kinda dissed us on that deal but it is his to do with as he likes. I see it selling but not for much more than the starting bid given there is no telling what shape the engine is truly in, a lot of unknowns when you tear into those old West Bends. We will see when the hammer drops.:hammer:

old-timer

Scamming Member
I think the bike will fetch the price alright because its unique as well as the story behind it. I actually would like to have it myself, but just to rich for my blood right now.

It would have been nice if he had offered it up here first though :shrug: As Buckeye said in the other thread, the people here would appreciate it much more for what it is than some ebay bozos.

Vic

Mean Dean

Well, I did not want to give him a big head so I did not reply to his fishin' request. Ruttman used to fly around Indianapolis pits with Lil Indians and he could not be seen on one of theirs. So being a car builder and owner had to have his own. The engine is a 64' It is not !!! a 50's mini bike.

?

Dean, Forgive me I'm a little slow. Other then the seller having the year wrong. What do you mean? "Ruttman used to fly around Indianapolis pits with Lil Indians and he could not be seen on one of theirs. So being a car builder and owner had to have his own."

Are you using the Ruttman story as an analogy? And thinking the person who owned this back in the day made it to distance himself from his competition. For example - I'm not part of Ruttman racing so I would never ride in the pits on a Ruttman. I guess I just don't understand your post.

Do you think this could have been fab. by a member of Andretti team so they didn't advertise someone elses product while in the pits? If thats the case it just might not be a 1 off. As others on the race team would possible have them to.

I value your comments so I just want to understand it.