Rear shocks for bigger mini's

After trying 3 sets of shocks I still haven't found any that I'm 100% happy with. I've tried a set off of a Honda 50 (too soft), a pair off of a buddy's go kart (too stiff), and some progressive rate scooter shocks (too stiff). So I was wondering what shocks are you guys using on your bigger mini's. I'm looking for a set that are about 13" to 14" center to center and a spring rate that would be good for a 150# bike + 175# rider.

How about a set off of a Honda CT70 or CT90? I've never ridden or sat on one so I have no idea of the spring rate. The Honda should be close to 150# but I'm not sure, and the length is close to what I need. I've found 2 different sets on ebay, standard an heavy duty, and I have no idea which set would be best. :shrug:

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :drinkup:

markus

When I had my Rupp ct70 clone bike last year I was planning on trying these out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Ct70-shocks-Gas-blue-red-gold-colors-adjustable-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a5b6f5281QQitemZ250642125441QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The stock shocks on the bike were not that great, My bike was a 90cc with some sprocket and tire size changes and I could cruise easily in the high 40mph and it was street legal so I rode it for long periods on the street. it got uncomfortable on long rides cruising the beaches etc... Honestly I did not do too much offroading with it, I can imagine that the stockers would beat you to death though.

Now those shocks I posted ARE bottom of the barrel when it comes to reservoir shocks, but the next step up and you tripling the cost. I never got a chance to try them out. I was probably 3 days away from ordering them and some other parts he sells for the ct's when a guy drove up from southern FL and bought that bike from me.

They are going on my MB 165. Most of the sellers list the length of the CT70 shocks center to center at 13" to 13 5/8" so I think I'll be ok with the length. If I keep welding on and grinding off shock tabs I'm going to ware out the swing arm before I even ride it! :laugh:

Thanks for the link to those shocks Markus! They look like something I may be able to use and that's not a bad price for reservoir shocks. I like the fact that they are adjustable also!

Other than finishing the gas tank, the rear shocks is all that's holding me up from from tearing it down, painting it, and riding the :censure: out of it. :innocent:

Thanks again for the info guys!