Replacement Brakes

fonz

My Grandson is going through a set of brakes every two weeks. The brakes from Baja aren't that expensive, (About 15 bucks I believe) but I'd like to replace the stock brakes with one where I can just replace the pads instead of the entire unit. Anyone know of a replacement caliper that will bolt up without any welding? My thanks for your reply.

fonz

Part#110-10
Take off the brake assembly. Try leaving the cable on if possible. Remove the two socket head cap screws. The pads and assembly are just held in place with a "V shaped" spring. The spring legs fit into the small slot in the pads.

fonz

I would say you have two options:
#1 Order the brake assembly direct from Baja Motor sports. They are 15/16 bucks each with shipping of $12 no matter how many you order.
#2 Contact the web site provided by cjtmini yourself. Get their confirmation that the assembly they sell will mount on the DB30. However, it may fit, but not be the same distance for a perfect fit around the disc brake. You might have to shim it in or out. I have no idea. I'm guessing though it's probably the same unit.
Heck, if you do contact Baja, ask them if they sell just the brake pads, maybe they would be cheaper then the 8 bucks from the other web site!

Last edited: