Restored Roadster on Ebay

Rupp 72

That is a very nice bike!^^^ i would consider that a 100 point restoration:thumbsup: And i don't doubt he has $7500 invested in it:doah:

Very nice restoration! I personally am not a fan of the kick start or crash bars, but if you have the kick start you better have the crash bars. You have even more weight on the right side of the bike. It's bound to go over! :eek:

As a 100 point restoration, I'd have to ask if the cigarette lighter is present. How do the door jams line up with the gap? Have the engine components been over sprayed? Are the OEM part numbers on the radiator hoses present?

For those who didn't get the above, look up CCCA check lists. Man, I am tired of this internet lore based off of reality TV shows.

Does it have the orig. valve stem caps..?
They are different then the "common ones"
I'm not sure about the valve stems. I'll have to ask. As much time and money as he spent and he's super picky I don't see him overlooking valve stems but I'm not sure. He's got a tt and a scrambler to that are just as nice. One option he doesn't have is the windshield. Here's his tt500. These bikes were judged and received high 90's but not a 100 because they were restored. image.jpeg

Last edited:
These bikes were judged and received high 90's but not a 100 because they were restored.
Judged by whom, using what criteria. (That was my original point) Obviously, they are "nice" bikes. If I were selling a vehicle for twice as much as it's nearest competitor, and stated it was a 98-point car, I'd have the national scoring criteria check list (CCCA) sitting in the binder along with the build sheet, and historical data.

They were judged by the antique motorcycle club of America. There's a bage on the headlight bracket of the roadster. I guess minibikes have gotten popular at theses shows. The bikes belong the Glenn cerney from Chicago suburbs. The tt500 picture is from Brandt's sight rupparts but belongs to glen. Glen's a good guy but real anal with his restos. He told me he has bought whole 68 69 bikes just to get a few missing nuts and bolts for his bikes.

My only problem with these type of restorations is that you just don't want to ride them. One little scratch or ding kills any value that high. I like to think my restorations are pretty good but heck, I want to ride them too. $4700 for that bike and it's going straight up on the fireplace mantle and staying there.

Doc

Rupp 72

Judged by whom, using what criteria. (That was my original point) Obviously, they are "nice" bikes. If I were selling a vehicle for twice as much as it's nearest competitor, and stated it was a 98-point car, I'd have the national scoring criteria check list (CCCA) sitting in the binder along with the build sheet, and historical data.
Dave you bring up a good point. As far as i know there is no standards or criteria for judeing minibikes. Might be on to something there. Maybe the members on the site should make a scoring checklist and standards. Any other members interested in such a thing?