Retek Cheetah progress

yeah ya need to double down on that seat man.
Yea I agree, but if you remember corectly I emailed you about it a couple months ago. And you said .........." no more seats man !! I'm done !! " :shrug:

So I had to way over pay for an incorrect seat :doah: I spent $100 on that seat. Well maybe instead of having you make that Boonie seat I asked you about I will have you make one for the wards instead, and I will use this one on the Boonie. Its similar to a Boonie :drinkup:

kbs8ball

Well you should of twisted my arm Paul....good idea though, that seat will be good for a boonie. I can make you the right seat for the wards for 75.

Ratbike

Well I got all my bodywork done and my skins painted. Now the reassembly starts. I also bought a new set of chrome bars for it.What do ya think so far :shrug:. I decided to go with a different color than the gold (besides my buddy has a gold one, so I went with this cool green.:thumbsup:

WAY OVER THE TOP!!!!!:thumbsup: ABSOLUTELY AWESOME BUILD. Have been busy with the holidays or I would've seen this sooner!! Gorgeous Color Scheme!!!!

Well I got to the roller stage today :clap: Its raining and windy out side so I just rolled it out for a second to snap a couple pics. It looks better in person. I will get some better pics this week once I put the motor on it.:thumbsup:

Thanx Rat.

I read somewhere before that someone (I think scooter boy) was fabricating a guide to drill and tap the crankshafts with, Does anyone know if that ever materialized or not. I made one once before out of plumbing supplies, but I cant seem to find it. The motor I have needs tapped for the torque converter. That is my only hold up at the moment, other than little things like a chain and grips

It sure has come along way from when I first saw it.

to now

Yea I was thinking about going to Musson Rubber in Akron and having them cut me some new ones, since these are kinda cracked up and grayish :shrug: Hadn't decided yet.

kbs8ball

NUN get a good center punch on it....start the motor then drill the hole by hand....just make sure you keep it level...the motor running sorta helps with that. Ive done it a few times. Just BE CAREFUL.

Hey Jeff the funny part is , I got the exact same clutch cover as you used , and I tracked down the Vintage Ross chain guard just like you did. So I couln't go gold or it would have been a carbon copy :thumbsup: I still cant believe you traded that Cheetah off. You must really like those chubby tired Yamahas huh ?? Well at least I know our buddy will enjoy the hell out of it. Cant wait to take it up there and ride them with him :thumbsup: I do need to pick your brain about the rear brake though.:hammer:

You know it Gregg . Just tell me when and where :drinkup:
Good to hear, i am trying to get a list of people so i can keep everyone inforemed. I will be going out to the property where the event will be held probably every nice weekend, but i will be setting a official date for a get together and camp out too. I wanna have a full weekend event. also need some feedback as to when would be good for everyone?